Grammy award-winning artist Taylor Swift surprised fans on Thursday, July 23, by announcing that she’ll be dropping in a few hours her 8th studio album, folklore .
“Most of the things I had planned this summer didn’t end up happening, but there is something I hadn’t planned on that did happen. That thing is my 8th studio album, folklore. Surprise!” said Taylor on social media, posting her new album’s cover art.
The album will have 16 songs on the standard edition, while a bonus track, “the lakes,” will also be in the physical deluxe edition. “Because this is my 8th studio album, I made 8 deluxe CDs and 8 deluxe vinyls available for one week,” she added.
Taylor will also be releasing a music video for the first single off the new album, “cardigan,” at the same time.
Check out the track list here:
The new album will be out at midnight Eastern Time, which is around noon on Friday, July 24, in the Philippines.
Taylor first rose to fame in the 2000s with songs like “Teardrops on My Guitar” and “Love Story.” She’s gone on to write and sing hits like “You Belong With Me,” “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together,” “22,” “Bad Blood,” “Blank Space,” and “Lover,” to name a few.
Her last album, Lover , was released in August 2019. – Rappler.com
- Taylor Swift announces new album ... on Instagram
- How Taylor Swift carefully manipulates her 'Reputation' online
- Taylor Swift is done proving herself on the resonant
- Phoebe Waller-Bridge writes a joke for Taylor Swift that's a bit too British in a new promo for Saturday Night Live
- Taylor Swift's pal Todrick Hall hit with slew of allegations on social media for sexual harassment, racial prejudice, cyber-bullying and illegal business practices by disgruntled staff
- Taylor Swift praises bestie Selena Gomez's new song as 'perfect' and a 'triumph'... after singer releases an emotional farewell to ex Justin Bieber
- Kanye and Taylor Swift slap-fighting on your Twitter feed
- Taylor Swift lip-syncs! (Yes, it's a new Apple Music ad)
- Apple Music lands exclusive Taylor Swift concert video
- Taylor Swift vs. Spotify: Why Music Should Not Be Free
- Apple Scores Exclusive Taylor Swift Concert Film
- No Streaming of Adele's New Album, Report Says
- Selena Gomez Surprises Fans with Empowering Anthem 'Look at Her Now,' Says She 'Dodged a Bullet'
- Prince won't stream music 4 U: Artist drops Spotify, Rdio
- Cardi B Is Our Ratchet Motivational Compass
- Beyonce is Tidal's last great hope
- Selena Gomez glows at radio show as she feels 'a sense of relief' after releasing songs about how Justin Bieber broke her heart: 'I am smiling'
- The definitive timeline of Spotify’s critic-defying journey to rule music
- Drake's 'Views' to exclusively roll out on Apple Music, iTunes
- Selena Gomez shares it's the 'greatest feeling' to be over Justin Bieber as she reflects on 7 'beautiful and ugly' years with the star: 'I had to take steps back'
Surprise! Taylor Swift to drop 8th album 'folklore' have 465 words, post on www.rappler.com at July 23, 2020. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.