Of the 3,965 fresh COVID-19 cases reported in Tamil Nadu on Saturday, Chennai accounted for 1,185 infections, after reporting 1,200-odd cases for four days in a row. Thirty-six other districts also reported cases, accounting for 70% of the fresh infections in the State.In total, 1,34,226* persons have tested positive in the State since March 7. Of them, 46,410 persons are undergoing treatment. Another 3,591 persons were discharged and 69 persons died, taking the total number of persons discharged to 85,915 and the toll to 1,898. In Chennai alone, 1,791 persons were discharged after treatment. This left the number of active cases at 17,989. The city’s neighbouring districts continued to witness a surge in cases. Tiruvallur’s daily count increased to 346, while Chengalpattu recorded 237 cases and Kancheepuram 119. A total of 135 persons tested positive in Vellore and 102 persons in Kallakurichi.Southern region In the southern region, Madurai topped the table with 276 new cases, followed by Thoothukudi with 174. There were 131 cases in Kanyakumari and 119 in Theni. A total of 94 persons tested positive in Virudhunagar, while Ramanathapuram had 81 cases and Tirunelveli 78 cases. Cases continued to rise in Tiruchi and Salem too. Another 127 persons… Read full this story
- Coronavirus Scare: Tamil Nadu reports first Coronavirus case as man tests positive
- Reliance Retail buys Tamil Nadu based grocery chain
- Will Superstar Rajinikanth find success in upcoming Tamil Nadu Assembly election?
- Tamil Nadu reports first case of Coronavirus; patient quarantined in Government Hospital in Chennai
- Tamil Nadu reports second case of coronavirus, total 40 infected in India
- Coronavirus: KG, primary schools closed in Tamil Nadu till March 31
- Mumbai: Crime branch raids fake currency note manufacturing unit in Tamil Nadu; fakes worth over Rs 7.55 lakh recovered
- Need to change the system: Superstar Rajinikanth on Tamil Nadu politics
- Tamil Nadu: One-month-old killed by parents, grandfather
- Coronavirus in India: 3 New Cases Reported in Ladakh and Tamil Nadu, Nation-Wide Number Goes Up to 34
Tamil Nadu records 3,965 fresh cases, 69 fatalities have 306 words, post on www.thehindu.com at July 12, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.