NEW DELHI: The Campaign for Uyghurs, which works for the persecuted Uyghurs in China, has demanded that the United Nations should formally recognise treatment of the community by Beijing as genocide. The Campaign for Uyghurs has released a report titled ‘Genocide in East Turkistan’ in which it has highlighted how the Chinese government has persecuted Uyghurs. The report said that despite the Covid-19 pandemic, the Chinese government continues its oppression and persecution of Uyghurs. “The Chinese government sent 1.1 million Han Chinese cadres to East Turkistan to control the daily life of Uyghurs. Their job is to stay in Uyghur homes, share the same bed with them if necessary and to control all aspects of their daily lives,” the report said. “With the ‘Double Relative Program’ initiated by the Beijing government, Han Chinese cadres make visits at least once every two months and stay for about a week. During the stay, while constantly spreading Chinese Communist Party propaganda, they also spy on them. During these visits, they encourage drinking of alcohol and eat pork, all of which are forbidden in Islam. If a Uyghur requests ‘halal meat’ from the market and if they do not drink, they are declared a… Read full this story
- Vietnam participates in promoting and guaranteeing human rights at the Third Committee of the UN General Assembly
- Pete Buttigieg Says Black Community's Opposition to Gay Marriage Will 'Wash Away'
- Woman's Body Found In Canal In Suffield
- Tangedco asks local bodies not to misuse electricity poles
- Man’s Body Found Run Over on Muni Tracks in S.F. Visitacion Valley
- GOLDEN TEMPLE ‘HUKAMNAMA’ SGPC mum over TV channel claiming exclusive right of telecasting audio
- Pranique Invites Community to Grand Re-Opening Celebration
- Body Found In U-Haul Truck Identified As 29-Year-Old Anaheim Woman
- Food Pantry Director Named Community Hero
- An ‘Insurrection’ Against Abortion Rights Is Growing Within the Federal Judiciary
Uyghur rights body asks UN to declare atrocities on community as genocide have 313 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at July 10, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.