NEW DELHI: The Campaign for Uyghurs, which works for the persecuted Uyghurs in China, has demanded that the United Nations should formally recognise treatment of the community by Beijing as genocide. The Campaign for Uyghurs has released a report titled ‘Genocide in East Turkistan’ in which it has highlighted how the Chinese government has persecuted Uyghurs. The report said that despite the Covid-19 pandemic, the Chinese government continues its oppression and persecution of Uyghurs. “The Chinese government sent 1.1 million Han Chinese cadres to East Turkistan to control the daily life of Uyghurs. Their job is to stay in Uyghur homes, share the same bed with them if necessary and to control all aspects of their daily lives,” the report said. “With the ‘Double Relative Program’ initiated by the Beijing government, Han Chinese cadres make visits at least once every two months and stay for about a week. During the stay, while constantly spreading Chinese Communist Party propaganda, they also spy on them. During these visits, they encourage drinking of alcohol and eat pork, all of which are forbidden in Islam. If a Uyghur requests ‘halal meat’ from the market and if they do not drink, they are declared a… Read full this story
- Bengal child rights body to set up new cell to rehabilitate rescued trafficking victims
- Pakistan Human Rights Body Warns Academic Freedom Under 'Grave Threat'
- Welby: It's right to ask if UK has any more room... but I pray we can help refugees in need
- Child rights body to form health, nutrition division
- United Nations Human Rights Body Will Examine Police Brutality And Racism In The US
- UN expresses 'serious concerns' over continued human rights violations in India-occupied Kashmir
- Bangladesh ups ante on Pakistan; demands UN recognition for 1971 genocide
- Polish president calls LGBT ‘ideology’ worse than communism
- Civil Rights Leader, Congressman John Lewis Dies At 80
Uyghur rights body asks UN to declare atrocities on community as genocide have 311 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at July 10, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.