Doubting that vested interests were acting against the development and promotion of Siddha form of medication, the Madras High Court on Thursday directed the State government to spell out whether it plays a vital role in curing COVID-19 patients.Justices N. Kirubakaran and V.M. Velumani issued the direction on a habeas corpusfiled against the detention of a Siddha hospital administrator under the Goondas Act for having circulated a video accusing the government of not having done anything to contain the pandemic.In their interim order, the judges said, Siddha medication was not being given due recognition either by the Union Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy (AYUSH) or the State government.Anti-viral propertiesThe result was that many Siddha doctors had to approach the High Court seeking a direction to the government to test their medicines and it was only after one such direction issued by the Madurai Bench of the High Court, the government found out anti-viral properties of a Siddha medicine.“Even though Siddha doctors are independently curing COVID-19 patients successfully and Tamil media is reporting the same promptly, English media is not giving any importance and recognition to such an important news about the native medicine,” the judges… Read full this story
- Economist urges cutting down on 'vested interests' to free up growth
- Labour declares class war: Jeremy Corbyn vows to target 'vested interests' and 'corrupt' business as he lays out plans to ramp up public spending - accusing the Tories of fighting for the 'super-rich'
- Identify 'vested interests': Gurudas Dasgupta to Veerappa Moily
- DOF: Estonian firms interested in developing Philippine national ID system
- Residents push for more public space in private development
- Developers zero in on economic corridor
- ACT party willing to link with likeminded reformers
- Telangana HC demolishes KCR govt plan to build assembly at Irrum Manzil
- Educational institutions can’t hold back student’s certificates over fee dues: HC
- Clashes erupt in Paris as 'yellow vests' protest at unrepentant Macron
Vested interests acting against development of Siddha: HC have 333 words, post on www.thehindu.com at July 12, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.