Police Sub-Inspector Shweta Jadeja has knocked on the door of Gujarat High Court after her bail application was rejected by City Civil and Sessions Court earlier last week. Jadeja is accused of extorting Rs 35 lakh from a businessman for not arresting and sending him to jail under the Prevention of Anti Social Activities (PASA) Act. Jadeja was investigating two cases of rape registered against businessman Kenal Shah by his former employees. The court granted remand for further investigation and when it was over she was sent to judicial custody at Sabarmati jail. Later she filed a bail application in the City Civil and Sessions Court, but it was rejected. Now she has filed a bail plea in the HC through her advocate Raja Gogda and it will come up for hearing next week. She submitted that she was falsely implicated in the case and investigation of the case was over. So, she should be granted bail.
- BCCI's decision to forbid wards of Railway employees from playing challenged in High Court
- Activist takes GFSU to High Court for not making rules public
- Reports : Madras High Court stays CIC ruling for bringing BCCI under RTI Act
- Rajasthan High Court dismisses criminal proceedings against senior Porsche execs
- Trump administration asks high court to halt climate change case
- Force India put into administration after British High Court hearing
- Mumbai Cricket Association officials to face-off against BCCI in High court
- Delhi high court wants diesel cabs out of NCR
- Group Lotus winding-up petition dismissed by High Court
- CoA reckons that State officials should be appointed by High Court
Ahmedabad PSI Shweta Jadeja, accused of taking bribe, seeks bail in High Court have 266 words, post on ahmedabadmirror.indiatimes.com at August 1, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.