Video PlayerClose BEIJING, Aug. 7 (Xinhua) — Senior Chinese diplomat Yang Jiechi said Friday that China and the United States need to jointly safeguard the foundation of bilateral relations and protect the friendship between the Chinese and American people. He made the remarks in a signed article titled “Respect History, Look to the Future and Firmly Safeguard and Stabilize China-U.S. Relations,” which was published Friday. “From the outset of the normalization process, China-U.S. relations have always been based on the common understanding that both sides recognize and respect each other’s different social system,” said Yang, a member of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee and director of the Office of the Foreign Affairs Commission of the CPC Central Committee. He recalled that leaders and statesmen of the elder generation in China and the United States acted in the fundamental interests of the two peoples and made the political decision of historic significance with their exceptional strategic vision and political courage to rise above the differences in ideology and social systems. Some U.S. politicians claim that in engaging and entering into diplomatic relations with China, the original U.S. purpose was to change China, and that… Read full this story
- India, China discuss steps to improve bilateral ties
- Chinese diplomats start burning documents after State Department orders immediate closure of Beijing's consulate in Houston 'to protect American intellectual property'
- Trump Does Not Rule Out Closing Additional Chinese Diplomatic Missions
- China needs to play straight on New START nuclear treaty
- India, US have ability to shape larger global agenda: Jaishankar on bilateral ties
- Galwan incident will seriously impact bilateral ties: India to China
- China Focus: U.S. solely responsible for difficulties in bilateral ties: Chinese FM
- China needs 'explosive' buying to meet U.S. farm import target
- China takes over US Consulate in Chengdu in diplomatic tit for tat
- Vietnam, New Zealand aim to lift bilateral ties to new high
China, U.S. need to safeguard foundation of bilateral ties: senior Chinese diplomat have 329 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at August 8, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.