Video PlayerClose BEIJING, Aug. 4 (Xinhua) — Foreign enterprises in Beijing are regaining confidence as the city’s work and production resumption continue to accelerate amid further containment of COVID-19, while its economy has rebounded with strong resilience and vitality. “We highly appreciate the guidance and support we got from the Beijing government and municipal authorities … Thanks to the effective measures taken by China in fighting COVID-19, we are witnessing a strong recovery of its auto market,” said Hubertus Troska with Daimler AG. “We are also fortunate to see a positive sales momentum for our Mercedes-Benz brand in China with a year-on-year growth of 21.6 percent in the second quarter,” he said. In the first six months of the year, Mercedes-Benz delivered more than 346,000 new cars to its customers in China, basically returning to the level of the same period last year, data from the German automaker showed. According to the Ministry of Commerce, foreign direct investment (FDI) in the Chinese mainland, in actual use, grew by 8.4 percent year on year in the second quarter of this year, a significant rebound from the first quarter (down 10.8 percent), indicating foreign investors’ stabilizing expectations and confidence in China’s economy…. Read full this story
- View: How will the economic recovery shape up? Likely scenarios
- HCMC sets out plans for economic recovery from COVID-19
- Coronavirus Australia: What if the economic recovery is not V-shaped?
- Paid sick days and paid leave are health and economic recovery requirements
- ASEAN seeking solutions for regional economic recovery
- 'Festive season will be key for economic recovery; GST holiday & scrappage policy can boost Auto'
- Blockchain technology can tackle supply chain failures exposed by COVID-19, boost economic recovery: WEF
- Blockchain can tackle supply chain failures exposed by COVID-19, boost economic recovery: WEF
- 'American magic' will spur US economic recovery: Warren Buffett
- Economic recovery from the Covid-19 crisis will need a balancing act
Feature: Economic recovery boosts confidence of foreign firms in Beijing have 314 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at August 5, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.