Video PlayerClose RABAT, Aug. 13 (Xinhua) — Morocco registered 1,241 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday, raising the tally of infections in the North African country to 37,935, the health ministry said. The total recoveries increased by 1,010 to 26,687, while the death toll from the virus rose by 28 to 584 in the last 24 hours, said Mouad Mrabet, coordinator of the Moroccan Center for Public Health Operations at the Ministry of Health, at a press briefing. The COVID-19 death rate in Morocco stabilizes at 1.6 percent, with the recovery rate at 70 percent, he noted. China has helped Morocco in its fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. A batch of medical supplies donated by the government of northwest China’s Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region was transported on June 8 to Casablanca-Settat in Morocco. On May 14, China Development Bank sent a batch of donation, including respirators and medical protective masks, to help Morocco fight the COVID-19 pandemic. China’s Guizhou Province also donated 15,000 surgical gloves, 20,000 medical masks and 2,000 protective suits to help protect Moroccan medical workers fighting the pandemic. Enditem
- New cattle disease case brings total number to 35
- New details in case of Sudan teen who killed rapist husband
- Morocco to Receive New Cargo of M1A2S Laser Tanks from US
- Spigen’s new iPhone X cases prey on your nostalgia for retro Apple gadgets
- Health Dept: 2nd New Orleans measles case unrelated to 1st
- One-fifth of charities register under new law
- Bites and a broken bed: New details in case of Sudan teen who killed rapist husband
- New Porsche 911 GT2 RS Totaled In Swedish Crash
- 5 new suspected Ebola cases reported in DRC's northwest
- Spotlight on Schools: Watkins Elementary School Announces New 2018-19 Calendar!
Morocco registers 1,241 new COVID-19 cases, 37,935 in total have 277 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at August 14, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.