The rupee gained 17 paise to 74.87 against the U.S. dollar in opening trade on Wednesday tracking positive domestic equities and weak American currency. At the interbank forex market, the domestic unit opened at 74.93 against the U.S. dollar, gained further ground and touched 74.87 against the U.S. dollar, registering a gain of 17 paise over its previous close. It had settled at 75.04 against the U.S. dollar on Tuesday. Forex traders said positive trend in the equity markets, weak American currency and sustained foreign fund inflows supported the rupee. Meanwhile, the dollar index, which gauges the greenback’s strength against a basket of six currencies, fell 0.28% to 93.12. On the domestic equity market front, the 30-share BSE benchmark Sensex was trading 391.87 points higher at 38,079.78 and broader NSE Nifty advanced 121.20 points to 11,216.45. Foreign institutional investors were net buyers in the capital market as they purchased shares worth Rs 703.74 crore on Tuesday, according to provisional exchange data. Brent crude futures, the global oil benchmark, slipped 0.09% to $44.39 per barrel.
- Rupee weakens by 17 paise against US dollar in opening trade
- Rupee surges 14 paise to 75.28 against U.S. dollar in early trade
- Rupee rises 5 paise against US dollar in early trade
- Rupee surges 14 paise to 75.28 against US dollar in early trade
- Rupee rises 14 paise to 74.52 against U.S. dollar in early trade
- Rupee weakens by 17 paise against U.S. dollar in opening trade
- Rupee rises 11 paise to 74.91 against U.S. dollar in early trade
- Rupee rises 10 paise to 74.92 against U.S. dollar in early trade
- Rupee gains 3 paise to close at 74.99 against US dollar
- Rupee settles 11 paise higher at 74.91 against US dollar
Rupee surges 17 paise to 74.87 against U.S. dollar in early trade have 268 words, post on www.thehindu.com at August 5, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.