Video PlayerClose BEIJING, Aug. 7 (Xinhua) — Senior Chinese diplomat Yang Jiechi said on Friday that what has happened shows that no obstacle is insurmountable for China and the United States, and the key lies in a true commitment to mutual respect, equality and seeking common ground while shelving differences. He made the remarks in a signed article titled “Respect History, Look to the Future and Firmly Safeguard and Stabilize China-U.S. Relations,” which was published Friday. Yang, a member of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee and director of the Office of the Foreign Affairs Commission of the CPC Central Committee, said that China’s rapid development over the decades, which benefited from interactions and cooperation with countries around the world, has in turn provided the United States and other countries with sustained growth impetus and important opportunities. “After establishment of diplomatic ties, and thanks to concerted efforts on both sides, China-U.S. relations have made historic progress despite ups and downs along the way,” he said. “Cooperation between China and the United States has always been conducted for mutual benefit,” he said, adding the two countries have had productive cooperation in such areas as counter-terrorism,… Read full this story
- China tariffs fuel Trump ‘order’ for firms to cut China ties
- Merc's China tie-up to go ahead
- NBA Trade Rumors: Max Kellerman urges Carmelo Anthony to move to China
- Kohli and Williamson display mutual respect as India and Black Caps prepare for battle
- Kobe Chronicles: Dwyane Wade and Bryant built mutual respect on Team USA
- Antonio Brown says there's 'no conflict' with Ben Roethlisberger: It's a matter of 'mutual respect'
- China New Energy Full Year 2018: BYD and BAIC EC-Series best-sellers, market eclipses 1 million annual sales for the first time
- FIA post-race press conference – China
- Lynk & Co compact SUV revealed as core of Chinese brand’s European sales
- Driver ratings from the Chinese Grand Prix
Senior Chinese diplomat urges true commitment to mutual respect, equality in China-U.S. ties have 323 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at August 8, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.