Video PlayerClose BEIJING, Aug. 7 (Xinhua) — Senior Chinese diplomat Yang Jiechi said Friday that the U.S. attempts to smear and slander China’s political system and drive a wedge between the Communist Party of China (CPC) and the Chinese people are doomed to fail. Yang, a member of the Political Bureau of the CPC Central Committee and director of the Office of the Foreign Affairs Commission of the CPC Central Committee, made the remarks in a signed article titled “Respect History, Look to the Future and Firmly Safeguard and Stabilize China-U.S. Relations.” Noting that China-U.S. relations are now faced with a new international and domestic environment, Yang said that to safeguard and stabilize China-U.S. ties against this backdrop, the right attitude is to respect history, keep pace with the times and build on past achievements, and not to distort and deny history, or turn back the wheel of history. “The Chinese people’s legitimate rights to pursue national development and a better life should be respected,” said Yang. In pursuing the path of socialism with Chinese characteristics, Yang said China has made tremendous achievements, and contributed significantly to safeguarding world peace and stability and promoting common development of all countries. The… Read full this story
- Queensland Police investigating top Chinese diplomat after complaint from Aussie uni student
- How China seduced its useful idiots: Chinese communists infiltrated Britain to push their party line in a plan designed to blind us to Beijing's thirst for world domination, new book claims
- Hong Kong government's attempt to outflank protesters is doomed to fail
- US imposes sanctions on senior Chinese officials over Uighur abuses
- How Democracy Ends review – is people politics doomed?
- Chinese diplomat derides UK’s move to offer HK citizenship
- India, China admit to intrusion by Chinese herdsmen in Ladakh
- Two arrested in Rajasthan for ‘attempts’ to topple government, political slugfest continues
- U.S. accusation on South China Sea issue "completely unjustified": Chinese embassy
- Following Huawei Indictment, China Accuses US of Suppressing Chinese Companies
U.S. attempts to smear, slander China's political system doomed to fail: senior Chinese diplomat have 338 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at August 8, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.