Video PlayerClose RIO DE JANEIRO, Sept. 13 (Xinhua) — Argentinian striker German Cano scored his seventh goal in nine matches as Vasco da Gama moved to fourth in the Brazilian Serie A standings on Sunday with a 3-2 victory at Botafogo. Ribamar Lopes put the visitors ahead from close range after some shambolic Botafogo defending but Matheus Rabi equalized with a 25-yard drive just after half time. Cano restored Vasco’s lead by tapping in from close range after his first attempt with a header was parried back into his path by goalkeeper Diego Cavalieri. Ygor Catatau struck from the edge of the 18-yard box to give the visitors a two-goal cushion before Babi again found the target by bundling home from close range after smart work from Salomon Kalou. Vasco have now won five of their nine matches to date this season and are three points behind leaders Internacional, who lost 1-0 at Goias earlier on Sunday. Botafogo are 17th with just nine points. In the northeastern city of Fortaleza, Flamengo’s seven-game unbeaten run came to an end with a 2-0 defeat at Ceara. Luiz Otavio netted with a 50th minute header following a corner before Charles Rigon struck with… Read full this story
- Serie A roundup: Immobile nets hat-trick, Lazio runs over Sampdoria (video)
- Serie A roundup: Ronaldo sets record with brace in Juventus win over Parma (video)
- Brazilian footballer, 24, is found dead in a bush 'nearly beheaded and with his genitals severed'
- ATP roundup: Defending champ Sandgren advances in Auckland
- Arsenal looks to sign £25m Brazilian midfield ace
- A very Brazilian ‘coup’, captured on celluloid and sent for Oscars
- Transfer rumor roundup: Werner prefers Liverpool, Bentaleb to Newcastle
- Transfer rumor roundup: Kabasele to Arsenal, Man Utd; Spurs, Newcastle eye Cyprien
- Brazilian piano legend plays again thanks to 'magic' gloves
- NBA roundup: Gilgeous-Alexander notches historic triple-double
Brazilian Serie A roundup: Cano on target as Vasco sink Botafogo have 312 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at September 14, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.