THE daughter of the former spokesman of the New People's Army (NPA) and four others were killed in a clash in Palawan early Thursday morning.
Andrea Rosal, daughter of the late Ka Roger Rosal, and Bonifacio Magramo alias Boywan, secretary of the Unite 4E of the NPA's Southern Tagalog Regional Committee, were among the four slain NPA rebels. The other fatality was a marine whose identity was withheld because his family has not been informed, according to BGen. Nestor Herico, commander of the 3rd Marine Brigade.
Rosal was the deputy secretary of Magramo's unit.
Herico said the communist rebels were conducting recruitment and organizing activities when residents tipped off his unit about their presence.
Herico said recovered were several firearms, laptops, cellphones, hard drives and "subversive documents" following the clash that lasted for about half an hour.
The troops were veterans of the five-month Marawi siege, Herico said.
Rosal's daughter made headlines in 2015 when she was arrested and charged with kidnapping and murder. Rosal, who was pregnant at the time, gave birth while in detention. Her baby died, however, before her release after the court dismissed the charges against her for insufficient evidence.
- Soldier killed, 7 wounded in Bukidnon clash
- Palace: NPA attacks cast doubt on rebels' sincerity to peace talks
- 2 NPAs dead, war materials taken in Agusan del Sur clash
- 2 soldiers slain, 8 wounded in clashes with NPA
- Clash leaves NPA leader dead, 5 hurt
- 14 NPA rebels killed, 5 soldiers wounded in Nasugbu clash
- Troops clash with Reds in Davao, 5 dead
- NPA rebels ‘killed’ in Davao fighting
- 12 dead, 9 injured in govt clashes with communists
- ‘Martial law to be used vs NPA’
- 8-hour clash in Tarlac leaves 7 rebels dead
- 25-minute gunbattle leaves 1 NPA rebel dead
- Six dead in NPA attack in Mindanao
- Clashes between govt, rebels yield more dead
- 1 dead as cops clash with NPAs
- 2 dead, hundreds displaced in Neg Or clash
- 56 NPA rebels return to fold of the law
- Senior NPA leader captured in South Cotabato
- Ranking NPA leader nabbed in Davao
- 3 soldiers, 13 ASG men killed in Basilan clash
Ex-NPA spokesman’s daughter, 4 others dead in Palawan clash have 338 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at September 5, 2020. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.