Two brothers, aged 12 and 14 have been nabbed after stealing over 30 motorbikes. The pair, seemingly unable to figure out where the petrol tank was, would look for a new motorbike to steal after the old one ran out of petrol. They told police that their crimes were for survival after their parents separated. They hadn't been to school since their parents split up.
Officials from a Buriram Province police station arrested the pair along with evidence including 2 stolen motorbikes after a victim reported his missing motorbike with the police.
Officials arrested the enterprising brothers on September 1. They admitted that they have been stealing motorbikes around Buriram since their parents split up. The said they had no intention to resell the motorbikes and only used them to drive around. When petrol ran out they would simply look for a new bike to steal.
Over 3 months the duo stole at least 30 motorbikes. Every day they would steal motorbikes, drive around for a while. When driving past a temple with a funeral being held they would join in and eat the guest food. At night the brothers would look for a bus stop to sleep before their next day of adventure and thievery.
Officials have now contacted relatives to discuss their antics and possible solutions. In the meantime the dynamic duo have been presented to the Juvenile Observation and Protection Centre in the province.
Thai netizens have opined that the parents splitting up shouldn't be used as a reason for the boys to turn to crime.
"The boys are smart enough to have survived on their own so they know how to separate right from wrong."
SOURCE: Thai Residents
- I'm 'Paternal' Host Nick Firchau, and This Is How I Parent
- STRONGEST SHOCK. Sanit worker skids off BQE, is hurled through windshield, falls 30 ft. To death
- I'm Dylan Thuras, Co-Founder of Atlas Obscura, and This Is How I Parent
- Three young men re-arrested in Natalee Holloway's disappearance
- Brothers injured in wildfires found new home in Nashville
- For Madonna and Guy Ritchcie's kids - Lourdes, Rocco, and David - coping with parents an ocean apart
- BREAKUP WRECKS EAST SIDE DREAM Doc warned he would rather die than lose his precious home in bitter split from wife
- Tom Arnold and late writer David Carr were budding friends; Nick Jonas and Olivia Culpo are splitting
- Mark Sanchez's brothers help Jets rookie QB cope with all the drama
- Newsstand Junkie: Stars like Courteney Cox and Christina Aguilera are doing some splits
Young Buriram brothers steal over 30 motorbikes after parents split up have 423 words, post on thethaiger.com at September 3, 2020. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.