QINGDAO, Oct. 30 (Xinhua) — The city of Qingdao in east China’s Shandong Province reported one new confirmed case of COVID-19 on Thursday, the municipal health commission said Friday.
The new case is a 34-year-old female nurse at the closed-off isolation ward of the Third People’s Hospital of Qingdao, a designated hospital to receive COVID-19 patients.
She tested negative for nucleic acid many times before Oct. 18 when she entered the isolation ward for work. All of her close contacts are personnel in the isolation ward, and all their nucleic acid test results are negative.
According to the investigation of a joint expert team, the nurse was accidentally exposed during an operation in the isolation ward, and no loopholes in the system management of the hospital were found.
The possibility of community infection was excluded and there was also no risk of community transmission.
In early October, Qingdao reported 13 new confirmed COVID-19 cases. Inappropriate disinfection in the CT room at the Qingdao Chest Hospital was believed to be responsible for the infections.
After the in-hospital spread, the Third People’s Hospital of Qingdao received COVID-19 patients transferred from the Qingdao Chest Hospital.
At present, Qingdao has required medical institutions to strengthen measures to prevent further infections of the disease. Enditem
- BREAKING NEWS: Arnautovic ends China talk with new West Ham contract
- Samsung in talks to purchase stake in BYD in order to spur electronics supply to China EVs – report
- Export of Volkswagen NMS to China Likely, Report Says
- Volkswagen budget brand is a go, China first – report
- Toyota Levin 1.2T – China Corolla gets new 1.2L turbo
- Report: New Flagship Cadillac to be Called XTS, Buick Regal Coming to U.S.
- Broncos reportedly agree to trade Case Keenum to Redskins, will pay half of QB's 2019 salary
- College football coaching changes carousel: Grades, breakdowns for new 2018-19 hires
- Test Drive Report: New Nissan Livina X-Gear 1.6 Auto
- College football coaching changes carousel: Tracker, grades, breakdowns for new 2018-19 hires
- China's brand-new problem
- Oakland Raiders Scouting Report: New/old coach, similar results entering Week 16 against Broncos
- White House China Trade Trucers Push President Trump to Back Off on Tariffs in Exchange for Nothing But More Talks
- BMW to recall 3.6 lakh cars in China over faulty Takata airbags
- China Officially Suspends Additional Tariffs On US-Made Vehicles For Three Months
- Lotus Is Reportedly Going to Start Building Cars in China
- China New Energy Full Year 2018: BYD and BAIC EC-Series best-sellers, market eclipses 1 million annual sales for the first time
- Tesla Model 3 Imports Cleared In China, Customs Suspension Lifted
- Landwind Xiaoyao Does Its Best Impression Of A Mercedes GLA In China
- Former Rolls-Royce Design Boss Lands Job At China's Hongqi
China's Qingdao reports one new COVID-19 case have 426 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at October 30, 2020. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.