Harvard University named Srikant Datar the dean of its business school, promoting an insider who has spent almost 25 years there and who helped lead its response to the Covid-19 pandemic.Datar becomes the 11th dean in the school’s 112-year history after serving as a professor and senior associate dean, Harvard said in a statement Friday. He starts in January, replacing Nitin Nohria, who leaves in December after a decade in the job.“Srikant will come to the deanship with a broad international perspective, decades of close engagement with business practice, and a strong commitment to building an increasingly diverse and inclusive HBS community,” Lawrence Bacow, Harvard’s president, said in the statement.The business school last month announced a plan to advance racial equality on campus and in the business world. Those initiatives include recruiting more Black students and faculty, adding a chief diversity officer, and supporting the development of research and course material to promote racial equity in business.Over the past several months, Datar, 66, has focused on implementing a plan that allows students to attend classes online and on campus.A native of India, Datar joined the Harvard Business School faculty in 1996 from Stanford University’s Graduate School… Read full this story
- New Small Business Ideas - Respond to Trends
- New Small Business Idea - Are Any of Them Right For You?
- New Small Business Ideas - Be a Coach Or a Consultant
- New Small Business Ideas - Make it Grow Quickly
- Best New Online Business Opportunity
- New Online Business Opportunities
- How to Find the Best New Online Business Opportunity
- Nottingham University Business School - World Top Ranking Performance
- Marketing a New Online Business With Blogs - Blog Your Way to Traffic Heaven!
- Business Schools Online Are Worth Investigating
Harvard names Indian-origin Srikant Datar as new dean of its business school have 297 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at October 9, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.