India on Thursday said its military talks with China on the border row have no connection with “any extraneous issue”, comments that came in the backdrop of recently concluded Indo-US 2+2 dialogue. During the talks, the two countries discussed Beijing’s military belligerence in eastern Ladakh and Indo-Pacific region and inked a strategic defence pact. About the next round of corps commander-level talks with China, External Affairs Ministry Spokesperson Anurag Srivastava said the two sides have agreed to maintain dialogue through military and diplomatic channels, and arrive at a mutually acceptable solution for disengagement as early as possible. “As regards the next round of talks, we will let you know when we have further information to share. Let me make it clear that there is no connection between this and any extraneous issue,” he said at a media briefing. The spokesperson was replying to questions on the Sino-India boundary row, and whether China has delayed the next round of military talks due to signing of the Basic Exchange and Cooperation Agreement (BECA) between India and the US during their 2+2 dialogue. On October 27, India and the US inked the BECA that provides for sharing of high-end military technology, classified satellite… Read full this story
- India vs China Highlights, Football Match: India Survive Onslaught To Draw 0-0 Against China
- Will the Collapse of Military Talks Affect Nuclear Negotiations?
- War Games: China Fumes at US, India, Japan Joint Naval Exercises
- Fatal Military Aviation Accidents Linked To 2013 Defense Budget Cuts
- 2 Koreas Quibble Over High-Level Military Talks
- Nick Clegg of Facebook: ‘China way or democracy? India will decide Net fate’
- China's Envoy Supports India-China-Pakistan Summit for Dispute Resolution
- Head-Scratching Over N.Korean Offer of Military Talks
- US-China Trade War Making India Test-Bed for Expansion Plans for Global Tech Giants - Analyst
- World university rankings: Why China is ahead of India
Military talks with China have no link with 'any extraneous issue': India have 310 words, post on zeenews.india.com at October 30, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.