Police officers in Washington, D.C. were forced to use tear gas and flashbangs in an attempt to get control of protesters. Protesters became violent while damaging police cars and attempting to loot a local Walmart.
Large groups of protesters gathered around various parts of DC to demonstrate against the death of 20-year-old Karon Hylton. The young man died in a moped crash while fleeing from the police. On Friday, police officers spotted Hylton riding an electric scooter without a helmet and tried to pull him over, the CBS affiliate WUSA9 reported. Rather than stop, Hylton fled down an alley and crashed into a passing vehicle. Demonstrators claim that a police vehicle struck him instead.
As protester marched down the streets, they began to turn violent and began vandalizing police cars.
This is the @DCPoliceDept car that protesters attacked, smashing windows with a rock and a trash can. Several ppl who grew up with Koran described a pattern of harassment from local police, and his death seemed to flip open years of simmering resentment #dcprotests pic.twitter.com/EQxr69B2Cw
— Daniella Cheslow (@DaniellaCheslow) October 28, 2020
Protesters then tried to loot a local Walmart only to be met with a heavy police presence.
— FJ News Reporter (@FJNewsReporter) October 28, 2020
— ChuckModi (@ChuckModi1) October 28, 2020
As the demonstrations escalated, DC Police began using tear gas and flashbangs in an attempt to control the crowds.
Tear gas has been deployed at dc 4th district #BlackLivesMatter #dmv #KaronHylton#dcprotest #dcprotests #blmprotest #BLM #HappeningNow #BLMDC#Breakingnews #ACAB #DC #WashingtonDC #Breakingnews #Breaking pic.twitter.com/OSRfOcgsNs
— RawsMedia (@rawsmedia) October 28, 2020
Activists documenting the protests themselves also captured the sound of the flashbangs going off. (sound at 50-second marker)
— Black Lives Matter DC (@DMVBlackLives) October 27, 2020
Earlier in the day, protesters smashed windows at the DC Police Headquarters as Hylton’s mother arrived with protesters asking for justice, Breitbart News reported.
Ildefonso Ortiz is an award-winning journalist with Breitbart Texas. He co-founded Breitbart Texas’ Cartel Chronicles project with Brandon Darby and senior Breitbart management. You can follow him on Twitter and on Facebook. He can be contacted at [email protected].
- Soaring confidence — and few liberal protesters — inside Trump's midterm campaign rallies
- Drug cartels are murdering their way into Mexico’s gas industry
- Conservatives and counter-protesters keep it mostly peaceful at Capitol rally
- Thin Line for DC’s Newest Museum
- White Woman Calls 911 On Black Anti-Violence Activists At South Carolina Gas Station
- Anti- and pro-Trump protesters face off in downtown L.A. rally
- 3 Palestinians, including teenager, killed in Gaza protest
- Chanting crowd chases Sen. Cruz, wife from DC restaurant
- Portland Antifa protesters caught on video bullying elderly motorist, woman in wheelchair
- ‘Texas Juries Don’t Convict Cops’: Did Jordan Edwards Get Justice?
- ‘We’re Here For Justice,’ Demands Protester At A Demonstration Against The Police Killing Of Patrick Kimmons
- Gascon seeks restraining order after repeated protests over police shootings
- Pro-Trump Gang Seen In Footage Assaulting Anti-Fascist Protesters In Manhattan
- Pittsburgh area school to keep controversial cops
- In Arlington, How Not to Respond to a Police Shooting
- Chicago cop's trial could come down to jury's view of video
- ‘Right dead in the heart’: GA braces for Michael as farmers fear losses
- Honduran Migrant Killed As Mexican Police Crack Down On Caravan At Border
- Trump returns to Valley as Phoenix still grapples with 2017 visit
- How 'Fake News' Was Born at the 1968 DNC
Watch: DC Cops Respond to Violent Protesters with Tear Gas, Flash Bangs have 587 words, post on www.breitbart.com at October 28, 2020. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.