Video PlayerClose SUVA, Nov. 26 (Xinhua) — Commemorative stamps were launched on Thursday in Fiji to mark the 45th anniversary of diplomatic relations between China and Fiji. Speaking at the launching ceremony at China Cultural Center in Fiji, Chinese Ambassador to Fiji Qian Bo said Fiji is the first Pacific island country to forge diplomatic relations with China. Over the past 45 years under the care and guidance of leaders of both countries, and with the joint efforts of the governments and people of China and Fiji, the relations between the two countries have been developing steadily and withstood the test of changes of the international political landscape. “Our bilateral political trust further deepens, exchanges and cooperation in various fields have yielded fruitful results,” he said, which has brought tangible benefits to the people. Fiji’s Minister for Education, Heritage and Arts Rosy Akbar said China has always been a true friend to Fiji and has become in recent decades a key source of foreign investment, trade and exchange earnings. The two countries have seen beneficial and progressive bilateral cooperation over the past 45 years and hopes it will continue to thrive, she said, adding that the commemorative stamps are a… Read full this story
- Wiring Small-Town China
- Apple pays $60 million to settle suit with Proview and to keep Apple iPad name in China
- CIA gets creative on Twitter to mark fifth anniversary of bin Laden raid
- Leti marks 50th anniversary with events and workshops in France, Japan, Taiwan, and the U.S.
- Kodak marks 50th anniversary of Super 8 film with new camera
- Microsoft confirms the launch of Windows 10 Anniversary Update, and it’s not in July
- RAFA marks 100th anniversary of birth of the Royal Air Force
- Silicon Valley-based foundry Noel Technologies marks 20th Anniversary
- Comments for : Monday marks 5th anniversary of T-Mobile G1 unveiling; Android, you've come a long way
- Xiaomi Launches Galaxy Note Killers in China
Commemorative stamps launched in Fiji to mark 45th anniversary of China-Fiji ties have 319 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at November 26, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.