Video PlayerClose JERUSALEM, Nov. 22 (Xinhua) — Israel’s army said on Sunday that it had thwarted a Palestinian attempt to carry out an attack against soldiers in the occupied West Bank using makeshift bombs. The incident took place near the village of Al-Mughayyir in northeast of Ramallah city. An Israeli military spokesperson said in a statement that during “routine searches” in the area, troops spotted improvised explosive devices. The explosives were “camouflaged in order to harm IDF (Israel Defense Forces) troops,” said the statement. Police explosive specialties were dispatched to the scene to neutralize the bombs. No injuries or damage were reported. The West Bank was seized by Israel in the 1967 Middle East war and controlled by it ever since, despite international criticism. The Palestinians wish to build their future state on these lands. Over the past years, Palestinians have carried out sporadic attacks against Israeli security officers and settlers in the West Bank, but these attacks have recently decreased, especially since the outbreak of the coronavirus. Enditem
- Pompeo Pays First Visit to West Bank Jewish Settlement, Golan Heights as US State Secretary
- Security Tightened in Cameroon’s Capital After Bombing Attacks
- Memorial plaque for Jewish victims of 26/11 Mumbai attacks unveiled at Israel synagogue
- UAE Minister of State Says Deal With Israel is 'Way Forward for the Region'
- Army JCO killed, civilian injured in ceasefire violation by Pakistan along LoC
- 26/11 Mumbai Attack: Indian-Americans Protest Outside Pakistan Consulate, on Times Square - Videos
- Banijay Confirms Internal Data Was Stolen In Cyber Attack & Warns Ex-Employees They May Be Affected
- Angry city centre bank customer threw urine and faeces and threatened to kill staff
- West Bengal transport minister Suvendu Adhikari quits key post, widening rift with ruling TMC
- Why has ALL of Kent been put in Tier 3? Plight sums up fury of rural areas who say they've been unfairly locked down because they are in same county as urban hotspots
Israeli army says thwarts bomb attack in West Bank have 320 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at November 23, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.