JERUSALEM, Nov. 22 (Xinhua) — Israel’s army said on Sunday that it had thwarted a Palestinian attempt to carry out an attack against soldiers in the occupied West Bank using makeshift bombs.
The incident took place near the village of Al-Mughayyir in northeast of Ramallah city.
An Israeli military spokesperson said in a statement that during “routine searches” in the area, troops spotted improvised explosive devices.
The explosives were “camouflaged in order to harm IDF (Israel Defense Forces) troops,” said the statement.
Police explosive specialties were dispatched to the scene to neutralize the bombs. No injuries or damage were reported.
The West Bank was seized by Israel in the 1967 Middle East war and controlled by it ever since, despite international criticism. The Palestinians wish to build their future state on these lands.
Over the past years, Palestinians have carried out sporadic attacks against Israeli security officers and settlers in the West Bank, but these attacks have recently decreased, especially since the outbreak of the coronavirus. Enditem
- One Israeli killed, two seriously wounded in West Bank shooting attack
- West Bank Attack Raises Tensions as Israeli Elections Approach
- Netanyahu vows to annex West Bank settlements if re-elected
- Israel Arrests Suspects in Deadly Bombing Attack: One is Linked to European-funded BDS Supporters
- By Use Of Satellite_ Hamas Hopes To Recruit West Bank_ Jerusalem Residents
- Palestinians, Israeli troops clash in West Bank, Gaza
- Birzeit Students Retaliate over West Bank Killings : Indybay
- West Bank attack raises tensions before Israeli elections
- Israel's Netanyahu says plans to annex settlements in West Bank if reelected
- Netanyahu details West Bank plan in campaign vow
- Ancient West Bank site draws Christians, controversy
- Israel's Netanyahu says he plans to annex settlements in West Bank
- Netanyahu pledges to annex parts of West Bank
- Dozens dead in car bomb attack in Kashmir
- Israel says Gaza rocket attack on Tel Aviv appears accidental
- Turkey says 'irresponsible' Netanyahu cannot change West Bank status
- West Bank Blues
- New Palestinian government installed in West Bank, as hopes for peace with Israel dim
- Iran suicide bomb attack targeting Revolutionary Guard bus leaves at least 20 dead, reports say
- Israeli Settlers Continue to Terrorize Al-Khalil Residents in the Occupied West Bank (video) : Indybay
Israeli army says thwarts bomb attack in West Bank have 345 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at November 23, 2020. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.