Oil traded at its highest level since March as markets broadly rallied on the start of the US presidential transition process and with the demand outlook strengthening after a string of positive vaccine breakthroughs.Brent futures rose as much as 1.4% in London, accompanied by a sharp rally in the shape of the futures curve as physical markets in Asia showed signs of strength. The triggering of a formal transition process to US President-elect Joe Biden buoyed stock markets and pushed down the dollar on Tuesday.With coronavirus vaccines appearing more likely in recent weeks and crude demand in Asia soaring, the gains in the shape of the oil futures curve have been even more stellar than the almost 24% rise in Brent prices so far this month. The international benchmark’s nearest contract moved to a premium to the next month on Monday for the first time since July — a bullish structure known as backwardation that indicates tight supply.Such is the strength of the recovery in Asia, it’s now pulling supplies from as far afield as the North Sea. A rebound in Chinese local flights is also aiding demand for jet fuel, the hardest-hit oil product. That… Read full this story
- Green groups press Biden for bolder plans after Sanders exits
- Winning Was the Easy Part. Now Biden Has to Charm Bernie’s Base
- Bernie Sanders Drops Out of 2020 Presidential Race as Biden Gets Ready to Face Trump in November
- 5 Ways Joe Biden Can Make His Bad Podcast Better
- Fox News Poll Shows Biden Dead Even With Trump if 2020 Election Was Held Today
- Joe Biden Owes It All to African-American Voters
- OPINION: As oil output deal neared, funds scaled back short bets: Kemp
- Who Could Replace Joe Biden as Democratic Nominee? One Name Stands Out Above the Rest
- Biden says Trump doesn't want to face him: 'I will beat him. Period.'
- Trump’s oil deal: The inside story of how a price war ended
Oil highest since March on vaccine progress, Biden transition have 330 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at November 24, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.