Video PlayerClose Police officers are seen on a street during an anti-lockdown protest in London, Britain, on Nov. 28, 2020. More than 60 people were arrested as anti-lockdown protesters clashed with police in central London on Saturday, local media reported. (Photo by Ray Tang/Xinhua) LONDON, Nov. 28 (Xinhua) — More than 60 people were arrested as anti-lockdown protesters clashed with police in central London on Saturday, local media reported. Clashes broke out between some demonstrators and police officers as they led dozens of people away in handcuffs, the Evening Standard newspaper said. Hundreds of demonstrators marched through the city near Oxford Street chanting “freedom” on Saturday, with some carrying placards reading “Stop Controlling Us” and “No More Lockdowns”, Sky News said. The Metropolitan Police said the arrests were for a number of suspected offences including breaching coronavirus restrictions. Sky News reporter said there were “quite violent, aggressive clashes” between police and some protesters, while traffic was temporarily blocked on Regent Street. The Metropolitan Police had urged people not to attend protests this weekend and warned those who attend risk enforcement action by officers. England is currently under a month-long national lockdown, the second of its kind since the coronavirus outbreak… Read full this story
- Police clash with anti-lockdown protesters in Germany as more than 100 are arrested after Merkel said the country easing social distancing measures too quickly
- 'Land of the free!': Healthcare workers are heckled as they stand in front of anti-lockdown protesters cars' in Colorado and more demonstrations erupt across the US
- Anti-lockdown protests gather momentum as armed demonstrators waving Trump 2020 flags call for America to open NOW while Facebook REMOVES anti-quarantine posts and is accused of 'working with state governments to limit free speech'
- How Trump allies have organized and promoted anti-lockdown protests
- Watch Health Care Workers Defiantly Face off Against Anti-Lockdown Protesters Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
- Donald Trump's coronavirus response is under fire. The anti-lockdown protests are a welcome distraction
- RPT-How Trump allies have organized and promoted anti-lockdown protests
- What happened when healthcare workers confronted anti-lockdown protesters – in one photo
- Trump adviser Stephen Moore sparks outrage by calling anti-lockdown protesters 'modern-day Rosa Parks' who are 'protesting injustice and a loss of liberties'
- Brazil President Jair Bolsonaro defends joining anti-lockdown protest
Over 60 nabbed amid clashes with police in anti-lockdown protests in London have 371 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at November 29, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.