Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday congratulated Democrat Joe Biden for his win over Republican United States President Donald Trump in a close presidential election and noted his “critical and invaluable” contribution to strengthening the India-US relations as vice president.
Biden on Saturday defeated the incumbent US President Donald Trump in the closely-fought presidential election, according to the American media.
The 77-year-old former US vice president will become the 46th president of the United States, CNN reported, after a victory in Pennsylvania, the state where he was born put him over the 270 electoral votes needed to win.
Modi said, “Congratulations @JoeBiden on your spectacular victory! As the VP, your contribution to strengthening Indo-US relations was critical and invaluable. I look forward to working closely together once again to take India-US relations to greater heights.”
He added, “[email protected]! Your success is pathbreaking, and a matter of immense pride not just for your chittis, but also for all Indian-Americans. I am confident that the vibrant India-US ties will get even stronger with your support and leadership.”
Biden had served as vice president when Barack Obama was the country’s president. PTI KR ASK
Sonia, Rahul congratulates Biden, Harris for US election win
Congress president Sonia Gandhi congratulated Joe Biden for winning the US presidential election on Saturday, saying India looked forward to a close partnership beneficial to peace and development.
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi also congratulated Joe Biden for winning the US presidential election on Saturday, hoping that the Democrat would unite the US and provide direction to it.
“Congratulations to President-elect Joe Biden. I’m confident that he will unite America and provide it with a strong sense of direction,” Gandhi tweeted.
- Making citizens lives better foundation of India-Bangladesh relationship: PM Modi
- First ever NBA match in India, a historic day for India-USA relations: PM Modi
- Can Kamala Harris win over the undecided voters 'waiting for Biden'?
- BTW Ring Of Honor Ceremony Friday, February 8th At 6:00 PM At The Nate Harris Field House
- NBA All-Star 2019: Joe Harris wins 3-Point Contest over Stephen Curry
- Biden-Abrams 2020 trial balloon deflates: Darcy cartoon
- Imran Khan Responds to Narendra Modi’s Dare_ Says ‘Give Peace a Chance’
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Joe Biden pushes back on Trump's claims
- In a shifting party, Biden maintains strength with SC’s black Democrats
- Kamala Harris runs into Joe Biden on Amtrak, and now people want them to be running mates
- Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders supporters have something in common: they're also cool with Elizabeth Warren
- Harris says she’d halt federal executions as capital punishment debate enters 2020 race
- UMass poll gives Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders edge in 2020 New Hampshire Democratic primary
- California Democrats are ‘excited’ about Kamala Harris. But they like Joe Biden, too
- Poll shows President Trump ties Beto, Biden and Bernie in Texas next year
- Joe Biden Tops Latest Iowa Poll For 2020 Presidential Election, Bernie Sanders Ranked Second Among Crowded Democratic Field
- Foreign Leaders Reportedly Told Joe Biden, ‘The World Needs You’ to Run for President
- Elizabeth Warren joins Joe Biden and Kamala Harris in criticism of Donald Trump's June 18 call with China
- Better chance of peace talks with India if Modi's BJP wins LS polls: Imran Khan
- What if Michelle Obama Ran For President? She Would Be Tied With Joe Biden According to Latest Poll
PM Modi congratulates Biden, Harris for their win have 536 words, post on www.rediff.com at November 8, 2020. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.