Video PlayerClose SEOUL, Nov. 24 (Xinhua) — South Korea will raise its social-distancing rules to the third-highest level for two weeks from Tuesday through Dec. 7 in the Seoul metropolitan area amid the soaring COVID-19 cases in the capital area. The country’s five-tier social-distancing regulations will be lifted to Level 2 in Seoul and its surrounding Gyeonggi province for two weeks, according to the health authorities. The authorities tightened the quarantine rules from the lowest Level 1 to Level 1.5 on Nov. 19 in the metropolitan area, but the resurgence showed no sign of letup, leading to the tougher social-distancing guidelines. In the latest tally, South Korea reported 349 more cases of COVID-19 for the past 24 hours, raising the total number of infections to 31,353. The daily caseload grew in triple digits for 17 days running. The daily average number of confirmed cases was 83 between Nov. 8 and 14, but it soared to 175.1 between Nov. 15 and 21. Under the Level 2 distancing, stricter restrictions are imposed on the operation of high-risk facilities, while gatherings are limited. Five entertainment facilities, including nightclubs, have to suspend business, and karaoke bars have to stop business after 9:00 p.m. local… Read full this story
- South Korea Raised Taxes in Bid for Growth. So Far, It’s Not Working.
- South Korea proposes artificial rain project to combat Seoul air pollution
- Melissa McCarthy is Hollywood's 3rd highest-paid actress—here's how she negotiated her way up
- Liberals Want To Be Exempt From Their Own Social Media Rules
- Trump’s Face-Saving Way Out of Political Crisis Raises Fears Over Rule of Law
- Trump’s Face-Saving Way Out of Crisis Raises Fears Over Rule of Law
- San Francisco Residents Raise Money To Block Homeless Shelter In Wealthy Area
- (3rd LD) Association of private preschools scraps strike amid parents' outcry
- (3rd LD) Moon, Trump to hold summit on April 11 in Washington | Yonhap News Agency
- (LEAD) Korea suffers from worst-ever fine dust pollution
S.Korea to raise social-distancing rules to 3rd-highest in Seoul metropolitan area have 316 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at November 24, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.