Jim Jeffrey, the United States’ retiring Special Representative to Syria and the special envoy in the fight against the Islamic State, confirmed Thursday that he and other senior administration officials routinely misled President Donald Trump on troop levels in the Middle East.Jeffrey, speaking to Defense One, explained how despite Trump’s stated promise to withdraw America from endless Middle Eastern engagements, he was able to convince the president to commit to keeping between 200 to 400 troops in the region in 2019 to “secure” oil fields held by U.S. allies and other strategic positions. (RELATED: Trump Performs ‘Near Total Decapitation’ Of Pentagon Leadership As Speculation Swirls Around Afghanistan) WASHINGTON, DC – SEPTEMBER 11: U.S. President Donald Trump presents the Medal of Honor to Sergeant Major Thomas P. Payne, United States Army, for conspicuous gallantry in the East Room of the White House on September 11, 2020 in Washington, DC. (Photo by Drew Angerer/Getty Images) “We were always playing shell games to not make clear to our leadership how many troops we had there,” he stated. “When the situation in northeast Syria had been fairly stable after we defeated ISIS, [Trump] was inclined to pull out. In each case, we then decided… Read full this story
- DC officials say Trump still owes city over $7 million from inauguration
- Donald Trump said QAnon conspiracy theorists 'basically believe in good government' at Republican White House summit on Georgia Senate run offs
- Newt Gingrich pleads with Republicans to ignore Trump allies Sidney Powell and Lin Wood's demand for a boycott of Senate runoffs that could cost them the two seats and control of the chamber
- House will override Donald Trump if he vetoes Defense agreement which will rename Confederate bases - as he rages Republicans must 'get tough' and wrongly claims it will 'desecrate National Monuments'
- Trump nominee to top Pentagon post retweets 'martial law is not a bad idea' and call by pardoned national security advisor Mike Flynn to suspend the constitution
- Trump orders withdrawal of most US troops from Somalia
- DC AG: Ivanka Trump 'Highly Misleading' Regarding Inauguration Lawsuit Deposition
- Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnell rush to vote through Defense bill in face of Donald Trump's threat to veto it unless it also ends internet giants' Section 230 protection
- Trump orders most American troops to leave Somalia
- Opinion: Germany never took Trump's troop threat seriously
Senior Administration Officials Lied To Trump About Troop Levels So He Wouldn’t Pull Out Of Syria have 391 words, post on dailycaller.com at November 13, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.