Video PlayerClose CANBERRA, Nov. 25 (Xinhua) — South Australia (SA) has revealed a long-term strategy for its space industry, revealing plans for food production in space and launching satellites. The state, which is home to the Australian Space Agency, on Wednesday released its Space Sector Strategy, outlining plans to use the burgeoning industry to accelerate the local economic recovery from the COVID-19 crisis. Goals listed in the plan include SA playing an active role in contributing to efforts towards food production in space, leveraging the state’s “expertise in food production for extreme environments to support international human spaceflight missions.” It identified the University of Adelaide and Adelaide Botanic Gardens as having the capability to help work on food production in space. If the goals are achieved the strategy said that SA would become “the Australian centre of expertise in space-based farming and food production.” “While traditional space-related services fundamentally underpin our way of life on Earth and deliver a large proportion of the revenue attributed to the space sector, there are phenomenal opportunities for the new breed of space-related services that are unencumbered by legacy practice,” Richard Price, chief executive of the SA Space Industry Centre, said in a media… Read full this story
- South Korean defence minister quits over response to North Korean attack
- Australian law couldn't block Google's YouTube and DoubleClick purchases: ACCC chair
- Airtel CEO Gopal Vittal says strategy to win quality customers paying off; bullish on home broadband
- NASA says uncomfortable-looking space toilet that cost $23MILLION is ready for launch and astronauts’ use
- Ricciardo planning helmet swap with former F1 teammate Vettel
- The Chase’s Bradley Walsh to reveal TV’s best-kept quiz secrets in How To Win a Gameshow
- Woman fought off five sex attackers in attempted rape in south London park, police reveal
- Donald Trump's new legal strategy revealed: He wants to stop states Joe Biden won from certifying votes, creating chaos and stopping Electoral College electors being sworn in
- Brenton Rickard: Australian Olympic swimmer reveals positive drugs test eight years after London Games
- Revealed: Plans for mega-basement extension being built beneath £8.5million Chelsea mansion before it suddenly COLLAPSED 'in thunderous crash'
South Australian space strategy reveals plans for food production in space have 360 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at November 25, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.