Video PlayerClose KHARTOUM, Nov. 21 (Xinhua) — Sudan has decided not to participate in a ministerial meeting slated for Saturday regarding the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (GERD). “Sudan has decided not to participate in the ministerial meeting regarding the GERD, which was scheduled to be convened on Saturday afternoon,” said Sudan’s Irrigation and Water Resources Ministry in a statement on Saturday. According to the statement, Sudan’s Irrigation and Water Minister Yasir Abbas has sent a message to his Ethiopian counterpart Seleshi Bekele, reiterating Sudan’s demand for a bigger role of the experts of the African Union in to facilitating the negotiations and narrowing the gap among the three parties. “The adopted negotiating method during the past rounds has proved ineffective,” Abbas was quoted in the statement as saying. He noted Sudan’s adherence to the negotiation process under the African Union to reach a binding and satisfactory legal agreement pursuant to the principle of “African solutions for African issues.” On Thursday, ministers of foreign affairs and irrigation of Sudan, Egypt and Ethiopia held a video meeting to review means of resuming the talks over the outstanding issues relating to the GERD. The Sudanese negotiators believe that the GERD talks should go… Read full this story
- Five No Brainer Short Cuts to Achieving Participation in Meetings
- Egypt welcomes U.S. statement on ongoing Nile dam talks
- How to Find Great Meeting Rooms
- 'Boris asked me to do it': Donald Trump says he invited parents of Harry Dunn to meet their son's killer Anne Sacoolas at the White House 'only because Boris Johnson asked him to'
- Ethiopian News and About Ethiopia
- Cycling Through Ethiopia - Not For the Faint of Heart
- Asian Tiger Mosquitoes - Tame the Tiger and Reduce the Threat From West Nile Virus
- Emmanuel Macron, Angela Merkel meet to harmonise positions before EU summit
- Assam: Anti-dam bodies threaten stir to stop Subansiri dam work
- Assam: Anti-dam bodies threaten stir to stop NHPC 's Subansiri dam work
Sudan decides not to participate in ministerial meeting over Ethiopia's Nile Dam have 331 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at November 22, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.