Video PlayerClose File photo taken on Dec. 13, 2017 shows U.S. Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen speaking during a news conference in Washington, D.C., the United States. (Xinhua/Yin Bogu) The president-elect also selects Wally Adeyemo, president of the Obama Foundation, as deputy secretary of the Treasury. If confirmed, Adeyemo would be the first Black deputy secretary of the Treasury. WASHINGTON, Nov. 30 (Xinhua) — U.S. President-elect Joe Biden on Monday unveiled his economic team, nominating Janet Yellen, former Federal Reserve chair, to lead the Treasury Department. If confirmed by the Senate, Yellen would be the first woman to serve as U.S. treasury secretary in the department’s 231 years of history. She would also be the first person to have served as treasury secretary, chair of the Council of Economic Advisors, and chair of the Federal Reserve. Biden also selected Neera Tanden, who currently serves as president & CEO of the Center for American Progress, as director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and named Cecilia Rouse, dean of the Princeton School of Public and International Affairs, to lead the White House Council of Economic Advisers. The two selections also will make history, as Tanden would be the first… Read full this story
- The First Female Treasury Secretary May Be One of Just Five in 30 Years Never to Work on Wall Street
- Biden considering Yellen as possible Treasury secretary: report
- What Biden's Potential Treasury Secretaries Have Said About a Second Stimulus
- Are More Stimulus Checks Coming? Treasury Secretary Says He's Ready to Negotiate With 'No Conditions'
- Fed chair Jay Powell pushes for more stimulus, warning of economic "downward spiral"
- Warren eyes Treasury Secretary job in potential Biden White House: report
- Fed Chair Powell Says More Stimulus Is 'Absolutely Essential' to Economic Recovery
- Biden deputy campaign chair deflects court packing question, says it's Republican distraction
- Australia's economic recovery could "falter" without fiscal boost: Treasury Secretary
- Michigan Matters: Trump vs. Biden – The Party Chairs Weigh In
Biden nominates former Fed Chair Janet Yellen as treasury secretary have 330 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at December 1, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.