Actress Silk Smitha passed away in the year 1996, but film industry has not forgotten her. If the actress was alive, she would have celebrated her 60th birthday today. Many movie groups online have been sharing memories on her films, her hit songs and more on the occasion. The actress, who was lovingly called ‘Silk’ by her fans, was found dead in her apartment in Chennai in 1996 and it was adjudged a suicide. Silk Smitha, who was born Vijayalakshmi Vadlapatla in a Telugu family in Eluru, entered film industry as a supporting actress. It is after working in the film ‘Vandichakkaram,’ a Tamil movie that was released in the year 1979, that she got her stage name ‘Silk Smitha.’ Her role in the film was also named ‘Silk.’ Soon after, she is said to have become a sought-after sex symbol in movies. She has done about 450 movies in Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada and Hindi languages. A few of her popular dance numbers in Malayalam are from the films ‘Spadikam,’ in which she performed with Mohanlal for the popular song ‘Ezhimala Poonchola’ sung by K S Chithra and Mohanlal himself; the song ‘Puzhayorathil Poonthoni Entheela,’ from the film ‘Adharvam’… Read full this story
- I missed out on transition in film industry: Bobby Deol
- Could Columbus be the third hub for the film industry in Georgia?
- Widowed Northampton woman to skydive 15,000ft to mark late husband's 60th birthday
- Prince estate announces new album on what would have been his 60th birthday
- High school to mark 60th birthday with fete, reunion and trip down memory lane
- Film industry under the spotlight
- Film industry ‘will bring the world’ to the Mother City
- Cape Town on a mission to revive dying film industry
- Government considers film industry cap
- Kelly Macdonald calls for end to ‘madness’ of male-dominated film industry
Film industry remembers Silk Smitha on her 60th birthday have 306 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at December 2, 2020. This is cached page on Asean Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.