BLURB 28-year-old Snehpal Randhawa was driving a taxi that was hit by another car at Vancouver
SANGRUR A 28-year-old man, hailing from Dhuri town of Sangrur district, was killed in a road accident at Vancouver in Canada on Saturday.
Snehpal Singh Randhawa died after a taxi he was driving was hit by another car in the wee hours of Saturday, his father Bahadur Singh said.
He said Snehpal had gone to Canada on study visa in 2010 and later started working as taxi driver there. “As per initial information, his taxi was hit by another car and he was declared brought dead in hospital. I will leave for Canada on Tuesday to bring his body.”
According to a statement by Vancouver police department, the car driver was seriously injured in the incident while two taxi passengers also sustained injuries.
Police said they suspected speed and alcohol could be the factors behind the accident.
- Man killed at Airdrie job site worked for Calgary-based construction contractor
- 3 indicted in murder after hit man killed wrong man in 2006
- Hillary Clinton calls family of Walter Scott, unarmed black man killed by South Carolina police officer
- California man kills himself at Universal Studios after violating restraining order against ex-girlfriend
- Police: Sodus man killed ex-girlfriend after she rejected his advances
- Cops: Man kills girlfriend, cooks body
- South Carolina man kills mother with sword following domestic dispute, say cops
- Man kills wife, self with nail gun
- Police name man killed in crash
- Man killed by narcotics cops was wanted in shooting of Georgia officer