The SEC already transferred Guntur and Chittoor District Collectors Samuel Anand Kumar and Bharat Narayan Gupta respectively and IPS officer Tirupati Urban SP Ramesh Reddy citing the reasons of non-cooperation in the election process. The government has effected the transfers and posted the Joint Collectors as district returning officers.
In a fresh move, the SEC censured two IAS officers — Panchayat Raj Principal Secretary Gopalakrishna Dwivedi and Rural Development Commissioner Girija Shankar — stating that they were derelict in their duties. The SEC also ordered that the censure be recorded in their service records to reflect it in their further career growth.The SEC charged the officials with serious dereliction of duties due to which 3.61 lakh people lost their voting right. Ramesh Kumar in his orders censuring the officials said they were supposed to update the voter lists, but neglected their duty depriving the youngsters who freshly attained voting right age.
Cash incentives to GPs that go for unanimous elections
On the other hand, the government, while offering all cooperation and support for the panchayat polls, on Sunday announced incentive packages for the gram panchayats towards encouraging them to avoid polls by opting for unanimous elections.
The Chief Secretary Aditya Nath Das issued a GO offering the incentive packages ranging from Rs 5 lakhs to 20 lakhs to the GPs that opt for unanimous election. Under the package, the GPs with a population of 2,000 will get Rs 5 lakh, villages with 5,000 population will get Rs 10 lakh, with 5,001-10,000 population will get Rs 15 lakh and with 10,000 above will get Rs 20 lakh.
However, the government’s move is seen as a plan to defeat the very spirit of democracy. The opposition parties have intensified their campaigns for contesting instead of unanimous elections.
Meanwhile, CS Aditya Nath Das, DGP Gowtam Sawang, Panchayat Raj Principal Secretary Gopala Krishna Dwivedi, Rural Development Commissioner Girija Shankar along with all the District Collectors, SPs and other officials attended a video conference conducted by the SEC.Prior to the VC, Ramesh Kumar and Das met the Governor Biswabhushan Harichandan separately and submitted reports updating the latest developments.
- Tesla posts record $710m net loss as it struggles to produce Model 3 cars
- 21 New ‘Clinton Cash’ Revelations That Have Imperiled Hillary Clinton’s Campaign
- The Latest: Shooting survivors focus anger at Trump, tweets
- ‘This daughter of immigrants needs no lectures from the north London, metropolitan, liberal elite’: Home Secretary Priti Patel vows to end freedom of movement 'once and for all' after Brexit
- Seven days after: Govs take positive, faulty steps
- ‘The Wire’ Creator David Simon Rips “Greedhead” Agencies Over Packaging, Urges Lawsuit Against ATA
- FBI employees disciplined for unauthorized disclosures received lighter punishments after internal review, docs show
- President Trump made 53 false claims last week, including 29 in a speech to New York business leaders
- One Letdown After Another: Natalee Holloway's Unsolved Disappearance and All the Twists That Went Wrong
- How to be entitled: can Debrett’s help outsiders join Britain’s elite?
- Live fact check of the fifth Democratic debate
- Donald Trump is digging in after two weeks of public impeachment hearings
- How Obama, UK, defectors plotted my defeat in 2015
- The Wales striker with more criminal convictions than caps
- What would Buttigieg’s path look like?
- El Chapo: Inside the Hunt for Mexico’s Most Notorious Kingpin
- Banking royal commission’s bombshell report: The key recommendations
- Inside Star Citizen's grey market
- Maharashtra floor test: SC to take a call on Monday after perusal of relevant documents
- Nine in 10 NHS bosses say staffing crisis endangering patients
AP: SEC orders IAS officers' censure to be noted in service records; govt announces cash incentives to GPs that avoid polling have 618 words, post on government.economictimes.indiatimes.com at January 27, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.