Milwaukee Bucks forward Giannis Antetokounmpo has jokingly referred to basketball-loving Nick Kyrgios as the “Dennis Rodman of tennis”.
Two-time NBA Most Valuable Player, Antetokounmpo, is an admirer of the fiery Australian who is not afraid to speak his mind on and off the court, making him one of the most controversial figures on the ATP Tour.
Rodman, a five-time NBA champion, was known as one of the most outspoken and flamboyant players during his time in the business.
Save over 25% with NOW TV
Grab a NOW TV Sky Sports Month Pass for just £25 p/m for 4 months (usually £33.99 p/m)
- Resurgent Azarenka relishing Melbourne return
- Shriver: Osaka and Gauff have been leaders in difficult time
- ‘Osaka a wonderful inspiration in women’s tennis’
And now Greek star Antetokounmpo has compared Kyrgios to Rodman during a post-match press conference, saying they have a few similarities.
He said: “Nick Kyrgios kind of has a shaky personality, he is basically… how can I say this politely? He is the Dennis Rodman of tennis. I’m joking. He’s a good guy and I’ve had the opportunity to talk to him a little bit.
“I think he is a Miami Heat fan. I wish him the best of luck.”
Kyrgios, whose father is Greek, replied on Twitter: “Haha my boy @Giannis_An34 love you!!! Keep doing you and inspiring brother.”
Last year, Stefanos Tsitsipas spoke highly of Antetokounmpo, saying how their vacation in Athens proved to be a source of inspiration for his semi-final run at Roland Garros.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo can't be stopped in the NBA, but Brazil's national team found a way
- Warriors mailbag: What is the window to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo?
- Where Giannis Antetokounmpo's game goes from here
- Giannis Antetokounmpo was held in check by Brazil's unique defensive strategy, but would it work in the NBA?
- James, Lakers win showdown with Antetokounmpo, Bucks 113-103
- Coronavirus: Cavs' Thompson wants to see NBA playoffs
- Top 15 NBA players of all time: Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard and the active stars most likely to join the list
- Once basketball infrastructure is in place in India, players will benefit: Adi Vase
- Michael Jordan and 'The Last Dance': Everything you need to know
- Ranking Michael Jordan and the Bulls' 10 best playoff opponents during their two three-peats
Milwaukee Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo jokingly compares tennis star Nick Kyrgios to NBA great Dennis Rodman have 453 words, post on www.skysports.com at January 29, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.