BEIJING, Feb. 25 (Xinhua) — The results of a national anti-poverty census, released Thursday, have attested to China’s “complete victory” in eradicating absolute poverty.
According to the current standards, all Chinese poverty-stricken rural residents have been lifted out of poverty, said sources with the State Council leading group office of national anti-poverty census.
The census provided true and accurate statistical information, said the sources in an interview. “The results fully demonstrate that China’s progress in poverty alleviation is solid and can stand the test of history and the people.”
According to the office, multiple measures were taken to ensure the data quality of the census, including a scientifically designed census plan, as well as the electronic and networked process of data production.
From 2020 to early 2021, more than 210,000 census workers conducted the poverty-alleviation survey in 22 provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities in the central and western parts of China.
In 2020, the per capita disposable income of rural residents in poverty-stricken counties reached 12,588 yuan (about 1,950.96 U.S. dollars), with an annual average growth of 11.6 percent since 2012, which is 2.3 percentage points higher than that of the rural population nationwide, survey data showed.
Rural poor have been offered guarantees in terms of food, clothing, compulsory education, basic health care, and access to safe housing and drinking water, the census results also showed. Enditem
- Xinhua Headlines: Relocation programs accelerate China's campaign against absolute poverty
- China speeds up renovation of dilapidated rural houses
- What changes after China defeats poverty?
- Politics | With the Rajapaksas back in power in Sri Lanka, how will the China factor play out?
- A Political Economist on How China Sees Trump’s Trade War
- Xi Jinping Declares Era of 'National Rejuvenation' in China
- China-aided project transforms lives of over 6,000 cataract patients in Cambodia
- Predictable famine and deepening poverty in 2019
- Closing America's water access gap
- Reformer president feeling the people's pulse
- Diary: Our Real Lives And Deaths Across The Globe
- FMIA Week 16: Don’t Look Now, But Philly’s a Factor (With a Healthy QB)
- From an imaginary restraining order to a phantom drop in NATO spending: Trump makes 99 false claims in two weeks
- Shoshana Zuboff on Surveillance Capitalism’s Threat to Democracy
- 53-Year-old Abuja Banker Reveals How She Reversed Hypertension and Lowered Blood sugar level Naturally without using Drugs!
- Record Turnout in South Korean Election to Replace Jailed Park Geun-hye
- Kickstarter Katchup - 17th March 2013
- "All You Americans Are Fired"
- 10 reasons to be hopeful that we will overcome climate change
- 100 op-eds that tell the story of the 2010s
Census results attest to China's complete victory in eradicating absolute poverty have 407 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.