BEIJING, Feb. 27 (Xinhua) — The Chinese National Medical Products Administration granted conditional market approval to a recombinant novel coronavirus vaccine that requires only one shot.
Developed by a research team led by Chen Wei, an academician at the Chinese Academy of Engineering and a researcher at the Institute of Military Medicine under the Academy of Military Sciences, it is China’s first approved COVID-19 vaccine that relies on adenovirus as the vector to deliver the coronavirus spike gene into the body.
Targeting people aged above 18, the vaccine can be transported and stored at a temperature ranging from 2 to 8 degrees Celsius.
The vaccine shows a 65.7-percent efficacy at preventing symptomatic cases and a 90.98-percent efficacy against severe disease in an interim analysis of its global phase-3 clinical trials, according to media reports. In the Pakistan subset, its efficacy at preventing symptomatic cases is 74.8 percent and 100 percent at preventing severe disease. Enditem
- Firm greens at Volvo China Open prove troublesome to field
- China’s Lin Xi-yu takes lead in home LPGA Tour event
- 3 tied for lead after first round at Volvo China Open
- Magic hoping for the best from 15.6 percent shot at No. 1 pick
- Ji Eun-hee maintains lead in LPGA Taiwan Championship
- FIFA task force recommends playing 2022 World Cup in winter
- The Latest: Coe gets to work right away as IAAF president
- Candie Kung, Sei Young Kim share lead in windy Blue Bay LPGA
- Beijing Winter Olympics bid highlights skiing, hockey growth
- South Korea’s Sei Young Kim leads windy Blue Bay LPGA
- Sei Young Kim leads windy Blue Bay LPGA
- Australia’s Mathew Goggin wins Web.com Tour season opener
- Whitley: In warped way, The Worm’s doing a political service
- Thailand’s Kiradech wins Shenzhen in playoff
- Kobe! AI! Samaki? The booms and busts of the 1996 NBA Draft
- Woods keeps going wrong direction at British Open
- British Open: Woods keeps going in wrong direction
- 2014-15 Miami Heat: What went wrong, what went right
- Americans Harper-Nelson, McGrone win at ISTAF meet in Berlin
- Third-year owner Pera putting bold stamp on Grizzlies’ future
China conditionally approves one-shot recombinant COVID-19 vaccine have 326 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.