BEIJING, Feb. 27 (Xinhua) — China’s 2021 box office revenue has exceeded 15 billion yuan (2.32 billion U.S. dollars) as of Saturday.
The figure surpassed 14.5 billion yuan that was generated at China’s box office during the same period in 2019, according to data compiled by box office tracker Maoyan.
It equaled three-fourths of the market’s total ticket sales for the whole year of 2020.
More than 340 million moviegoers visited theaters so far this year, according to box office tracker Beacon.
Comedian and actress Jia Ling’s maiden directorial project “Hi, Mom” and Wanda Pictures’ long-awaited comedy “Detective Chinatown 3,” both released on the Spring Festival, or Feb. 12, contributed 30.7 percent and 27.8 percent of the total, respectively. Enditem
- China's policy bank issues 200-bln-yuan loans to aid companies
- Top 5 Pics Overseas Limp To Combined $31M Weekend, Down 85% Vs 2019 As Coronavirus Fears/Closures Spread – International Box Office
- Black Widow on Track for Healthy Box Office Debut Despite Coronavirus Concerns
- ‘Onward’ Off With $28M Overseas Bow, $68M WW: Coronavirus Concerns & More At Work In Unpredictable Landscape – International Box Office
- ‘First Cow’ Marks Career-High Opening For Kelly Reichardt, ‘Emma’ Charms With Massive Expansion – Specialty Box Office
- Pixar's Onward Wins the Weekend Box Office with $40 Million Debut
- ‘Never Rarely Sometimes Always’, ‘The Roads Not Taken’, ‘Human Nature’ And More Feel Impact Of Coronavirus Pandemic – Specialty Box Office
- Box Office Headed to 22-Year Weekend Low Due to Coronavirus Pandemic
- ‘F9’ Speeds To 2021 As Coronavirus Looks To Take Toll On Global Box Office
- 'Hotel Transylvania 3' to Top the Rock's 'Skyscraper' at the Box Office
- Avatar 2 Star Expects It to Beat Avengers: Endgame at the Box Office
- Box Office: ‘Mulan’ Eyes Huge $85 Million-Plus Opening Weekend
- Article 15 box office collection day 2: Ayushmann Khurrana film holds steady, makes Rs 7.25 crore, Kabir Singh stays rock solid
- Yash Refutes Rumours Of KGF: Chapter 2 Clashing With SS Rajamouli's RRR At The Box Office
- Mission Mangal vs Batla House FOURTH DAY Box Office Collections
- Mission Mangal vs Batla House THIRD DAY Box Office Collections
- Avatar 2 Star Expects Movie to Beat Avengers: Endgame's Massive Box Office Record
- Disney's Onward leads the box office with muted $40M amid coronavirus fears... as The Way Back stalls at $8.5M
- Baaghi 3 box office day 2: Tiger Shroff, Shraddha Kapoor film sees a drop, makes Rs 33 crore
- 'Baaghi 3' box office collection day 9: Tiger Shroff and Shraddha Kapoor starrer collects Rs. 1.75 crore on Saturday
China's 2021 box office exceeds 15 bln yuan have 376 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.