UNITED NATIONS, Feb. 26 (Xinhua) — A Chinese envoy on Friday urged all parties in Myanmar to handle differences through dialogue and consultation.
“We hope that all parties in Myanmar will act in the fundamental and long-term interests of the country, properly handle differences through dialogue and consultation under the constitutional and legal framework, maintain political and social stability, peacefully solve problems that have occurred, and continue to promote the domestic democratic transformation process in an orderly manner,” Zhang Jun, China’s permanent representative to the United Nations, told an informal meeting of the UN General Assembly on the situation in Myanmar.
Under the current circumstances, all parties should maintain calm and restraint, refrain from intensifying tensions, escalating the situation and using violence, so as to prevent bloodshed, he said.
“China is engaging and communicating with relevant parties in Myanmar to further facilitate de-escalation of the situation and return to normalcy at an early date,” the ambassador added. Enditem
- Sony Ericsson Thinks Different about Cell Phones
- England urged to create their own history as diplomatic Gareth Southgate defuses row over leaked team sheet
- Tycho’s Illustrated History Of Chinese Cars: The Shanghai SH761 Parade Car
- We can’t handle the truth
- Can we even handle the truth about Australia's cricket culture?
- North Korea sets measured tone for military parade
- 2007 Mercedes-Benz E320 Bluetec Paris to Beijing Challenge
- Economy, not nukes, focus of North Korea parade
- 70th anniversary of DPRK’s National Day
- Mass rally wraps up North Korea's 70th anniversary events
- Steve Hilton: What no one has been reporting about the Trump-Ukraine impeachment saga
- Summer-League Stud Kevin Knox Could Really Be a Star for New York Knicks
- Trump NAFTA deal puts pressure on automakers
- TTAC’s Ten Worst Automobiles for 2007: Time to Vote!
- 2016 Paris Auto Show: News and Rumors From the Floor
- Respect our choices, China's Xi says ahead of Trump G20 meeting
- Yamaha Ray Test Ride Review
- New anthem policy leaves more questions than answers for now ... and perhaps for quite some time
- Marketing Election ’08: Q&A With Matt DeBergalis, ActBlue
- Best Selling Cars Around The Globe: What Future For French Manufacturers? (Part 2)
Chinese envoy urges all parties in Myanmar to handle differences through dialogue have 339 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at February 27, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.