BEIJING, Feb. 24 (Xinhua) — Relations between China and Mongolia have entered into fast-track in recent years with fruitful results gained through practical cooperation, Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi said Wednesday.
Wang made the remarks in a telephone conversation with the newly-appointed Mongolian Foreign Minister Batmunkh Battsetseg.
China attaches great importance to the friendly neighborship with Mongolia, and always puts this relation at a specially significant place in China’s neighborhood diplomacy, he noted.
This year is historically meaningful for both China and Mongolia as people of each country will respectively greet the 100th anniversary of the Communist Party of China and Mongolian People’s Party, Wang said.
Both sides should jointly implement the important consensus reached by the leaders of both countries, promoting greater development of the China-Mongolia comprehensive strategic partnership and bringing about more benefits to both peoples, he added.
In the face of the unexpected COVID-19 pandemic, governments and peoples of China and Mongolia have shared the weal and woe, and reached out to each other with assistance and support, lifting the bilateral ties to a new level, Wang said.
Noting that the touching story of Mongolia donating 30,000 sheep to China is widely known in both countries and the vaccines sent by China has arrived recently in Mongolia, Wang said he expects the two sides can further strengthen anti-pandemic cooperation until the pandemic is completely defeated.
Economic and trade cooperation is an important support for China-Mongolia relations, Wang said, adding that the two sides need to speed up the synergy between China’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) and the Development Road Initiative of Mongolia, expand the areas and upgrade the level of cooperation so as to compensate for the losses caused by the pandemic as soon as possible.
For her part, Battsetseg thanked China for its selfless help to her country in fighting the pandemic, saying that the two countries have maintained the development momentum of bilateral ties and continuously strengthened practical cooperation amid the pandemic, setting a good example of how countries support each other in response to adversities.
The new Mongolian administration attaches great importance to developing the comprehensive strategic partnership with China, hoping to enhance political mutual trust, deepen BRI cooperation and push for sustained rapid development of their bilateral ties, she said. Enditem
- ‘Mythical MMORPGs are boring the Chinese market’, says analyst
- China-Kyrgyzstan ties expected to reach new heights
- Google Lights a Candle, China Blows It Out
- Q&A: How iDreamsky brings a Western game to China
- The China Angle: The Impact Of China Gaming Companies
- China E-Commerce Giant Alibaba Taps Lyris for E-Mail Marketing
- US Biz Groups Rail Against China-Focused 'Cybersecurity' Law
- Cisco's China Investment Mushrooms to $16 Billion
- Motorola Lands $1.6 Billion Chinese Handset Deal
- Apple iPhone Makes China Debut Without WiFi
- heading to China, in 'biggest game deal ever' for a Western MMO
- Zuckerberg Goes Searching in China
- If Facebook reenters China, how will it compete?
- GDC China Adds Creators To Summits
- Microsoft and Yahoo Walk, Cyber-Terror Risk Sticks Around, China Plays Dumb
- NordVPN’s Android app gets around China’s VPN ban
- Internet Fast Becoming a Global Draw
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY Spam Flies Fast and Furious in the Wake of the LinkedIn Breach
- With , 'Free-to-play is like starting from scratch,' says Crytek
- Apple Looking to Nibble at China's Ripe iPhone Market
Chinese FM says China-Mongolia relationship enters into fast-track have 539 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at February 25, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.