#Narendra ModiWant to vaccinate Bengal free of cost before polls: Mamata writes to PM Modi
#Narendra ModiPM Modi to address BJP public meeting, launch projects in Puducherry on February 25
#Narendra ModiGujarat civic polls: Modi says results show people’s faith in politics of development
#Narendra ModiPM Modi to address BJP’s election meeting in Coimbatore on Feb 25
#Narendra ModiYou have ability to move things from patterns to patents: PM Modi IIT Kharagpur convention
#Narendra ModiWe aim to eliminate Tuberculosis from the country by 2025: PM Modi
- 36 min ago UP Assembly passes bill against 'love jihad'; 'Prohibition of Unlawful Religious Conversion Bill' now a law
- 48 min ago BJP leader Rakesh Singh sent to police custody by Alipore Court in Kolkata till March 1st
- 1 hr ago Want to vaccinate Bengal free of cost before polls: Mamata writes to PM Modi
- Sports Golf: Arjun Atwal will play for Dad and Tiger Woods as he joins Anirban Lahiri at Puerto Rico Open
- Technology Airtel Forays Into Advertising Business; Launches Adtech Platform
- Movies PSPK 27: First Look & Title Of Pawan Kalyan Starrer To Be Out On March 11
- Lifestyle 9 Signs He Has Lost Interest In The Relationship
- Education IB ACIO Answer Key 2021: MHA To Release IB Answer Key 2021 Tier 1 Soon
- Finance Private vs Public Sector Banks: Best 1-Year FDs With Returns Up To 5.95%
- Automobiles 2021 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Globally Unveiled: Features Electrification As Standard!
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In March
New Delhi, Feb 24 : PM Modi speaking on the various reforms in the Budget 2021 said that the govt has to focus on development projects. “When government engages in business it leads to losses. The govt is bound by rules and lack of courage to take bold commercial decisions”, he said
PM Modi said the amount collected from monetisation and divestment will be used for funding development projects. Asset monetisation and privatisation decisions will help empower Indian citizens, he added.
”The Govt is going ahead with the mantra of ‘Monetise & Modernise’. When Govt monetises, that space is filled by private sector of the country. Private sector brings investment and best global practices with them.”
”This modernises other things and brings modernisation to the entire sector, rapid expansion of the sector and creation of new employment opportunities. It is important to monitor this to ensure that there is transparency in this process and rules are followed,” he added.
”There was a different time when public sector enterprises were established & the needs were also different. There is always scope to reform the policy which was good 50-60 years ago. Now when we are bringing reform, our aim is to optimally utilise public money,” Modi said.
”Many public sector enterprises are loss-making & several of them need the support of public money. It burdens the economy. Public sector enterprises should not be run because they were started many years ago & were someone’s pet project. I can understand the need of any public sector enterprise if it is fulfilling the needs of any sector & of any strategic importance. It is the responsibility of the govt to supply support country’s enterprise & business but there is no need for govt to be in business,” he said.
”For Aatmnirbhar Bharat, work is going on in full swing on modern infrastructure & multi-modal connectivity. We’re working on Rs 111-trillion National Infrastructure Pipeline. There is a scope for the private sector to invest around Rs 25 trillion in this project,” PM Narendra Modi said.
- Davos 2018: Modi and Trudeau champion trade, Europe says it’s back, and Juncker is AWOL
- Lord Nazir vows steps for public welfare in Balochistan
- Govt puts CNICs at forefront of tax collection effort
- Aggressive Indian tactics will harm regional stability: PM Abbasi
- Punjab’s $5b investment plan insufficient
- PM to make ‘Invest in Pakistan’ pitch at Davos gathering
- Clerics for family planning: Govt to expand programme to entire province
- Govt seeks approval for preparing 12th Five-Year Plan
- Industry blames constant rise in debt for poverty, lack of development
- Ex-PM John Major lashes out at ‘disloyal’ Tory MPs over plots to oust Theresa May
- Pakistan has gained great investor confidence: PM Abbasi
- PM nominates Ali Jahangir Siddiqui as ambassador to US
- Australian govt, Fauji Foods sign partnership agreement
- US move at FATF: Lawmakers term resolution against Pakistan a failure of govt
- Ending violence against children must be top priority of govt, say experts
- 150 women to get training in different trades under PM’s skill development programme
- Govt working on innovative solutions for healthcare challenges
- Govt hints at lowering tax rates for LNG imports
- Balochistan focused on uplift of agriculture: Zehri
- Karachi law, order has improved: PM Abbasi
Govt has to focus on welfare, amount from monetisation will be invested in development: PM Modi have 1010 words, post on www.oneindia.com at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.