Loose Women regular’s Gloria Hunniford and Charlene White kicked off Thursday’s show with a gushing segment about Prince Philip.
The TV stars made sure to wish the Duke of Edinburgh well after the 99-year-old was admitted to hospital earlier this week.
Kicking things off, Charlene sent a message of support form all at ITV wishing the British royal a speedy recovery.
As she did, Nadia Sawalha chimed in: “He looks better than I feel and he is 99.”
Speaking via video link, Gloria couldn’t resist adding her own anecdote about The Queen’s husband.
Gloria said: “I was lucky enough to do an interview with him at a the Palace.
“He was fantastic. You had to know your stuff.
“I really admire him. He is still handsome at 99. We wish you all the best.”
Reports claim that the move for the Duke to spend a few nights in hospital under observation is simply precautionary.
The royal, who is set to celebrate his 100th birthday in June, is understood to have walked into the private King Edward VII’s Hospital in Marylebone unaided.
The Duke is said to be in ‘good spirits’ and the illness is not related to Covid.
Both he and the Queen received their Covid vaccine at Windsor Castle.
In a statement, Buckingham Palace said: “His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to the King Edward VII Hospital in London, on Tuesday evening.
“The Duke’s admission is a precautionary measure, on the advice of His Royal Highness’s Doctor, after feeling unwell.
“The Duke is expected to remain in hospital for a few days of observation and rest.”
Meanwhile, a No10 spokesman said: “The Prime Minister sends his best wishes to the Duke of Edinburgh as he undergoes a few days of rest in hospital.”
Prince Philip was last seen in July last year when he took part in a ceremony at Windsor castle.
The last time the Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to hospital was in December 2019.
He was treated at King Edward Hospital for a ‘pre-existing condition’.
Recent reports claimed that the Prince “wants nothing to do with” his upcoming 100th birthday celebrations.
A source told The Daily Express: "Let's just say we have a rather reluctant celebrant.
"You can't do something if someone doesn't want something doing."
- Princess Margaret's closest confidante Lady Glenconner reveals she's 'rather sad' about rift between Prince William and Prince Harry as she recalls their 'very loving relationship' as children
- Prince Charles fury: How Sarah Ferguson hit out at heir to throne's 'maddening' snub
- The moment Prince Charles grabbed Doria's hand, she was one of the family says GEOFFREY LEVY
- Philips Body Analysis Scale
- Looking all white! Sophie Wessex puts on a stylish display in a blazer and trousers as she visits a hospital in Surrey - and makes a new furry friend
- Kerry Katona reveals she STILL doesn't know what caused her mystery illness after three day stay in hospital... but admits she's 'loving' the break from her five children
- John Humphrys claims he's changed more nappies than most women… but doesn't think he's a good husband: JAN MOIR meets the 'feminist' journalist with a ladies' man reputation
- Kerry Katona returns to A&E as son Max injures his hand... after spending three days in hospital with a mystery illness that left her in 'agonising pain'
- More bad news for the Obamas as First Lady Michelle only ranks SEVENTH on Forbes Most Powerful Women list (but Sarah Palin falls off the list completely)
- Meghan Markle’s £750k wardrobe has made these women a ‘fortune’ - how have they done it?
Loose Women gush over 'handsome' Prince Philip, 99, as he stays in hospital have 606 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at February 18, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.