BEIJING, Feb. 25 (Xinhua) — China’s anti-poverty success showcases the courage and strength of the Chinese people under the leadership of the Communist Party of China (CPC), and its achievements and experience in this regard are inspiring for other developing countries, experts have said.
China has secured a “complete victory” in its fight against poverty, Chinese President Xi Jinping announced on Thursday while addressing a grand gathering held in Beijing to mark the country’s poverty alleviation accomplishments and honor model poverty fighters.
“What impressed me most is the spirit of unity of the Communist Party of China, government, and people across the country,” Sithixay Xayavong, director of the Chinese Studies Center at National University of Laos, told Xinhua, adding that what China has done in developing rural infrastructure and training agricultural technicians are worth learning for Laos.
Noting that China’s remarkable achievements in poverty alleviation are unprecedented in human history, Shakeel Ramay, director of the China Study Center at the Islamabad-based Sustainable Development Policy Institute, said the CPC, despite the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, has steadfastly fulfilled its promise of eradicating absolute poverty.
As the CPC tries hard to take care of every need of the Chinese people, this attitude makes the people fully support the policies introduced by the CPC, Ramay added.
Ivona Ladjevac, head of the Center for the Belt and Road Initiative at the Institute of International Politics and Economics in Serbia, called China’s success in alleviating poverty a proof of a people-oriented country.
“I don’t think that anywhere in the world, and I don’t mean to offend anyone, that anyone is so diligent as the Chinese people are, because they are really motivated to do more, to do the best, for their country. This was an element of that success,” she said.
The Serbian expert pointed out that the Chinese government played a role in designing this strategy and the people make it operational. “So, this is a kind of cohesion that exists between the government and the people,” she added.
Sonia Bressler, French writer and sinologist, said that “We should draw inspiration from what China has put in place, such as education designed for people in poverty, creative mechanism of social assistance, local-national joint development plans, etc.”
People can find “a fabulous continuity of policy implementation” in China’s five-year plans, which shows an inclusive policy that directs the governance for the well-being of its population, Bressler added. Enditem
- Interview: Experiences from China's poverty reduction worth learning: Lao expert
- Men should limit alcohol to one small glass of wine or beer a day to cut their risk of an early death, experts say
- Leading infectious disease expert says face masks DO work and country would slash risk of a COVID-19 second wave if we were forced to wear them
- Xinhua Headlines: Sci-tech supports China's poverty alleviation
- Experts say 4G has made IUC a relic that needs quick burial
- 'China Adopting Blockchain Rules, Seeking To Accelerate Crypto Yuan Launch,' Expert Says
- Experts say US attitude toward China threatening world peace
- China fights COVID-19 in people-first approach
- Sainsbury's, Asda and Costa Coffee say they WON'T enforce facemasks rules as new law comes in requiring everyone to wear face coverings in all shops from TODAY
- Face masks made with allegedly forced Uighur labour in China are being sold in Australia
- China rockets to Mars: Tianwen-1 launches on seven-month journey to the Red Planet in space race with US - three days after the UAE's first mission
- What is China's world order for the 21st century?
- China launches ambitious attempt to land rover on Mars
- Trump predicts the US will have a COVID-19 vaccine 'by the end of the year' and says Dems are motivated by politics and 'don't want to see a good result' - as he admits up to 100,000 could die of virus
- China officially launches its BeiDou-3 satellite navigation system designed to rival US-owned GPS as it aims to become a 'true space power'
- China's First Mars Rover Launch Could Make History
- "China & Pakistan enter 'secret deal' to expand bio-warfare tools," says an Australian investigative journalist
- Coronavirus: Hong Kong on verge of 'large-scale' outbreak, says Carrie Lam
- Poverty alleviation on target
- China Focus: China fights COVID-19 in people-first approach
Roundup: Experts say China's success in poverty reduction inspiring have 696 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.