There were 23 Covid-19 community cases reported today (May 29).
Six of the cases are children, with the youngest being just 8 months old, according to the Ministry of Health’s evening report.
They are all linked to previous cases.
Five children linked to Hong Ye Group cleaners cluster
Five children are linked to the Hong Ye Group cleaners cluster, and four of them are either family members or household contacts of case 63677.
They include an eight-month-old baby girl, a one-year-old boy, and two girls aged seven and nine. All four of them were placed on quarantine on May 24 after case 63677 tested positive on May 23.
The two girls, aged seven and nine, attend Boon Lay Garden Primary School and were last in school on May 18. The one-year-old was last in Little Explorers Cove @ Boon Lay in April 2021 while the eight-month-old does not attend any childcare facility.
All four of them tested positive for Covid-19 on May 28.
The remaining new case linked to the cluster is a 13-year-old girl, a student of Xinghua Primary School, was detected through surveillance. She was last in school on May 18.
The 13-year-old is a close contact of Case 63802, a 12-year-old student at New Town Primary School who was confirmed to have Covid-19 infection on May 27.
The 13-year-old developed a fever on May 27, saw a doctor that same day, and took a swab test at the clinic. She was placed on quarantine on May 28 and her test result came back positive for Covid-19 infection on the same day.
Nine-year-old girl linked to Case 63319 cluster
Another nine-year-old girl was also among the new Covid-19 community cases reported on May 29.
She is a student at Springdale Primary School and was last in school on May 14.
She is a family member and household contact of Case 63319, a 77-year-old homemaker who was confirmed to have Covid-19 on May 15. The girl was placed on quarantine on the same day.
She was tested for Covid-19 infection on May 17 but the test result came back negative for Covid-19 infection on the same day.
She was tested again on May 28 and the test result came back positive on May 29.
Her serology test result is negative.
Here’s an overview of the local Covid-19 situation in the past weeks:
Top image by Mothership
- China Reports Spike in New COVID-19 Cases
- Russia Reports 10,000 New COVID-19 Cases
- Tirunelveli reports 16 new COVID-19 cases
- Kolkata registers 276 new Covid-19 cases, 29 deaths in 7 days
- A record 1,233 new COVID-19 cases take Maharashtra tally to 16,758
- Dharavi reports 57 new COVID-19 cases; 40-year-old woman succumbs to the infection
- 2 new COVID-19 cases in Kerala on Saturday, one recover
- Vietnam sees no new COVID-19 cases on May 10 morning
- Rajasthan reports 68 new Covid-19 cases, tally goes past 4,000-mark
- Kaduna records 20 new Covid-19 cases -including 4 month old girl
- With 428 new Covid-19 cases, Delhi witnesses highest single-day spike
- No new COVID-19 case reported on May 11 morning
- Maharashtra crosses 20,000 mark; reports 48 deaths, 1165 new Covid-19 cases
- 34 new Covid-19 cases reported in China, first in Wuhan in more than a month
- Record 1,233 new COVID-19 cases take Maharashtra tally to 16,758
- Coronavirus Philadelphia: Third Straight Day City Sees Less Than 400 New COVID-19 Cases As No New Deaths Reported
- Southeast Asia: Laos has no new COVID-19 case for 25 consecutive days
- 42 new COVID-19 cases in Karnataka
- Ten new COVID-19 cases in Kerala on Wednesday, active cases rise to 41
- With 66 new Covid-19 cases, Mumbai’s Dharavi crosses 1000-mark; count at 1028
6 children, aged between 8 months & 13 years, among new Covid-19 cases in S'pore on May 29 have 548 words, post on mothership.sg at March 25, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.