BANGKOKYouTube has removed five
The decision follows a February 1 military coup that ousted the country's elected government, provoking massive public protests.
"We have terminated a number of channels and removed several videos from YouTube in accordance with our community guidelines and applicable laws," YouTube said in an emailed statement. The company said it was monitoring the situation for any content that might violate its rules.
In December, it pulled 34 channels as part of an investigation into content uploaded in a coordinated influence campaign. That campaign uploaded content about elections in Myanmar, regional conflicts and news related to the US, China and
The decision by YouTube followed Facebook's earlier announcement that it had removed all Myanmar military-linked pages from its site and from
- Myanmar’s latest Rakhine panel is another gimmick
- Don’t let Thai junta chief chair Asean next year
- 30 years after Myanmar uprising, dissidents fear struggle forgotten
- Myanmar shows mercy – but not to Rohingya
- Myanmar elections: What is happening? Your questions answered
- Jubilant scenes in court as Myanmar frees scores of jailed students
- Another Suu Kyi ally becomes president in Myanmar
- Suu Kyi loyalist elected Myanmar President
- Aung San Suu Kyi beckons investors to Myanmar despite troubles
- Asean should back EU’s sanctions on Myanmar
- No vote, no candidates: Myanmar's Muslims barred from their own election
- Myanmar swears in Htin Kyaw as first civilian president in decades
- Junta’s three-year peace effort in South fizzles to embarrassing end
- In Myanmar, new parties challenge Aung San Suu Kyi's grip on power
- Anti-junta rap strikes a chord among citizens
- The Thai soccer team cave rescue may also be a big political win for the country’s military junta
- Myanmar erects security posts on burned Rohingya land: Amnesty
- Anti-junta rappers face charges under Computer Crimes Act
- Aung San Suu Kyi: what has happened to Myanmar's icon of morality?
- With China on its mind, India deepens engagement with Myanmar
After FB, Myanmar junta off YouTube have 364 words, post on ahmedabadmirror.indiatimes.com at March 6, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.