#TelanganaEx-PM Narasimha Rao’s daughter is KCR’s candidate for legislative council
#TelanganaTelangana: HC lawyer couple stabbed to death in broad daylight in Peddapalli district
#TelanganaGHMC Mayor Election: G Vijayalakshmi becomes new Mayor, Latha Sobhan Reddy as Deputy Mayor
#TelanganaIs Y S Sharmila planning to launch a regional party in Telangana?
#TelanganaTRS meet: No change of guard in Telangana, clarifies KCR
#TelanganaTelangana SSC Exam 2021: Number of questions papers reduced, check details
- Movies International Women’s Day 2021: 5 Bollywood Songs That Celebrate Womanhood In The Most Lively Way
- Education Monthly Scholarship Of Rs 7000 For Class 11 And 12 Students
- Lifestyle Roohi Promotions: Rajkummar Rao Looks Dapper As Ever In His Lemon Yellow Kurta Set
- Technology How To Book BSNL FTTH Connection Online And Via App
- Sports Kaushik, Husamuddin march into quarters at Boxam International Tournament
- Finance HDFC Bank Cuts Home Loan Rates By 5bps: Check What Other Banks Are Offering
- Automobiles Citroen C5 Aircross Pre-Bookings Begin In India Ahead Of Launch This Month: Here Are All Details
- Travel Top Summer Holiday Destinations in India
Hyderabad, Mar 03: Power utilities in Telangana have averted a possible attempt by a China-based group to hack the state”s power systems, officials said on Wednesday. The preventive action was taken following an alert by the Computer Emergency Response Team of India (CERT-In) and a heightened state of alertness would continue for more days, an official said.
“We noticed some malware. Immediately, we erased that. We have taken all the preventive steps. Absolutely, there is no problem,” the senior official told PTI.
The CERT-In communicated to the state power utilities two days ago.
“We have a good team here also. Everyday, they are reviewing. We have anti-virus software,” he added.
The CERT-In has reported from a trusted source that China-based “Threat actor Group Command and Control” servers are trying to communicate with systems belonging to Telangana State Load Dispatch Centre (SLDC), TS Transco (Transmission Corporation of Telangana Ltd)) and advised taking suitable precautionary measures to ensure security of the power system, official sources said.
The TS Transco has taken various measures like blocking server IPs communicated by CERT-In and temporarily disabling control function for remote operation of circuit breakers from SLDC, they said. User credentials for all those accessing TSSLDC website were changed and suspected equipment within the perimeter of the SCADA (process control system) control centre were isolated to ensure safety of the grid and satisfactory power supply to all consumers of the state, they said.
The increased state of alertness would continue for some days, the official said, adding, “not only Telangana, for that matter, every state has to be careful.”
- 'I've never seen anything like it': Tens of thousands of Australians could have has information stolen by Chinese hackers, cybersecurity boss warns
- Unprecedented power outages begin in California as winds bring critical fire danger
- California’s power grid is changing fast, and ‘we don’t have a plan’
- German cyber agency denies increase in infrastructure hacks
- Kings XI Punjab vs Mumbai Indians, IPL 10 updates: Mumbai lose by seven runs in high chase
- Loss of power can hinder firefighters, but it’s a situation they plan for
- At RSA, Feds Call Out China as the Major Hacking Threat
- Hack of German Foreign Ministry part of 'everyday spying'
- Shadow Brokers threaten to unleash more hacking tools
- Could mass blackouts, Kincade Fire end PG&E as we know it?
- Millions in the dark as PG&E shuts off power across Northern California
- PG&E expands power shut-off plan: All electric customers could be impacted
- For Gov. Newsom, PG&E power outages offer political rewards — and some big risks
- Days of terrifying darkness, cold and hunger amid PG&E’s sweeping power blackouts
- Fire danger could force SF blackout, PG&E says
- Power outages hit some of state’s poorest communities hard
- Californians fume over PG&E power outage: ‘A humongous inconvenience’
- Tempers flare as millions in California endure power outages from PG&E
- PG&E power outages bring darkness, stress and debt to California’s poor and elderly
- Newsom says PG&E power blackouts are frustrating but necessary to prevent fires
Another Mumbai-like blackout? Telangana power utilities thwart Chinese hacking attempt have 909 words, post on www.oneindia.com at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.