New Delhi: Bengaluru, which is known as the tech city of India, has topped the list of 111 cities in the government’s latest ‘Ease of Living Index’ on Thursday, followed by Pune, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Surat, Navi Mumbai, Coimbatore and Vadodra.
According to the index released by Union Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri , Shimla was ranked top in the category of cities with a ‘population less than million’.
— Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (@MoHUA_India) March 4, 2021
New Delhi Municipal Council topped the ‘Municipal Performance Index’ list in the ‘less than million population’ category. Indore was ranked top on the ‘Municipal Performance Index’ list in the million-plus population category. It was followed by Tirupati, Gandhinagar, Karnal, Salem, Tiruppur, Bilaspur, Udaipur, Jhansi, Tirunelveli.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been stressing on the ease of living, along with the ease of doing business, as a key policy priority of his government. In view of the PM’s call, the rankings of cities have assumed significance in shaping government policies and determining expenditure priorities.
A total of 111 cities participated in the assessment exercise that was conducted in 2020. The first edition of the index was launched in 2018.
In the Ease of Living Index, the cities are ranked on the basis of 15 evaluation criteria, including governance, identity and culture, education, health, safety and security, economy, affordable housing, land use planning, public open spaces, transportation and mobility, assured water supply, waste-water management, solid waste management, power, and quality of the environment.
- Focus on property registration in Ease of Doing Business push starting off with metropolitans
- Current Affairs January 2020: Know all about major events
- Sub-Urban Railway network will operate in four corridors in Bengaluru, says BS Yediyurappa
- Anambra launches Open Governance Partnership for transparency
- Laurie Summers: Will Co. Coroner 2020 Election Candidate
- Highlights from Karnataka Budget 2020: BS Yediyurappa presents his 7th budget
- Karnataka govt gives massive thrust to decongest Bengaluru, allots Rs 8,772 cr for city development
- Karnataka govt gives massive thrust to decongest Bengaluru, allots Rs 8,772cr for city development
- Coronavirus scare LIVE: Total number in India reaches 21 after 15 Italian tourists test positive
- Bengaluru: Rowdy-sheeter Bharath killed in police encounter near Hesaraghatta
- Baby vomits parasitic worm, size of that an index finger after drinking milk formula
- How the U.S. ranks in maternal and child health
- Indian economy may be set for the road to recovery in 2020
- Karnataka Budget 2020: Will CM Yediyurappa feel the pulse of people on his 7th budget?
- 21 of the world's 30 cities with the worst air pollution are in India
- Another pitch for U.S. consulate in Bengaluru
- Proposal advances to give local governments more tax options
- Nationals MP Pat Conaghan joins other Coalition figures breaking ranks to lobby for Newstart raise
- 10 lessons from Asia on how to live with a coronavirus outbreak
- Coronavirus scare LIVE: Seven Italy-returned persons put under home isolation in MP
Bengaluru, Shimla ranked 'most livable' cities in government's 'Ease of Living Index 2020' have 534 words, post on zeenews.india.com at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.