SANTIAGO, March 5 (Xinhua) — The Chilean Health Ministry on Friday reported 5,325 new COVID-19 infections in 24 hours, the highest figure since June, bringing the accumulated cases to 845,450, along with another 90 deaths for a total of 20,928.
According to the ministry’s daily report, 796,791 patients have recovered from the disease so far, while 27,317 remain active.
Chile’s Health Minister Enrique Paris told reporters that it is still necessary to continue self-care measures and respect quarantines to avoid an increase in infections despite the massive vaccination plan against COVID-19, which has already immunized more than 3.9 million people.
The southern region of Los Rios had the highest incidence rate in the country per 100,000 inhabitants, while the regions with the greatest increase in cases in the last seven days were the central O’Higgins, Santiago Metropolitan and Valparaiso regions, as well as Los Lagos and Los Rios in the south.
A dozen communes in the country will be quarantined as of Saturday, due to the increase in COVID-19 cases. Enditem
- Record-setting P-type Transistor Design Boasts Highest Carry Mobility Yet Measured
- Olympus to push out two new premium lenses, firmware updates in June
- Daily Cybercrime and Security Report for July 3, 2001
- DT Daily: Google’s Terminator glasses, Verizon doubles data, Nikon’s D800 sets records
- Old games get new life with the powerful new 4K Xbox One X console
- DT Daily: iPhone sales break records, Twitter to debut video-sharing app
- Zynga: Attracts 11 Million Players Daily
- Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus Collectibles Locations Guide – Records Locations, Toys Locations, Art, Gold and Cards Locations
- AT&T boosts price of unlimited data – DT Daily
- PS4/PS3 Exclusive Persona 5 Gets New Screenshots Showing Multiplayer Features on Famitsu
- Christchurch shootings: What are New Zealand's gun laws?
- 10 New 2015 Ig Nobel Prizes Awarded
- Infrasound Instruments Record Pulse of Erupting Volcano: Chile's Villarrica
- Daily Discount Coupons: Pay Dirt or Raw Deals? - Part 2
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY New Year's Resolutions: Be More Secure in 2014
- Destiny 2 Iron Banner - Gear, weapons, how to get rewards and what else is new in the competitive event
- Christmas Day 2011 Saw Highest Daily iOS, Android App Downloads Ever
- Daily Cybercrime and Security Report for June 13, 2001
- Activision Announces Record Financial Results for 2016; Confirms Full Destiny Sequel this Year
- AOL Announces Record Earnings and Stock Split
Chile records 5,325 new daily COVID-19 cases, highest since June have 360 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at March 6, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.