BEIJING — The National Committee of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC), the country’s top political advisory body, will open its annual session on Thursday afternoon in Beijing, a spokesperson said Wednesday.
The session is set to conclude on March 10, Guo Weimin, spokesperson for the fourth session of the 13th National Committee of the CPPCC, told a press conference.
Other than the opening and closing meetings, there will be two plenary meetings and six group meetings during the session, Guo said, noting that one of the plenary meetings will be held via video link.
All the preparations for the session have been completed, Guo said.
Discussions on the draft outline of the 14th Five-Year Plan and the long-range objectives through the year 2035 will be high on the agenda at this year’s session, said Guo while briefing the media on the main items of the agenda.
During the session, political advisors will hear and deliberate a report on the work of the Standing Committee of the CPPCC National Committee and a report on how the proposals from political advisors have been handled, Guo said.
The political advisors will also sit in on the fourth session of the 13th National People’s Congress as non-voting participants, hearing and discussing reports including a government work report, the spokesperson noted.
Foreign diplomatic envoys to China will be invited to observe the opening and closing meetings of the session, he added.
A number of Beijing-based Chinese and foreign reporters have been invited to cover the event at the Great Hall of the People, he said.
- Anthony Albanese calls for Indigenous advisory body in the constitution
- Trump holds listening session with students on mass shootings
- Chemical weapons watchdog to hold special session in June
- China media: Domestic violence
- Communist Party congress: How China picks its leaders
- Concern for women's rights activists detained in China
- China’s mass indoctrination camps evoke Cultural Revolution
- Xinjiang crackdown must continue, top China leader says
- Trump, for at Least the 14th Time, Says We’re Close to a Deal With China
- Effie Greater China Awards Gala and summit bring together leading firms from throughout the region
- New Progress In Legal Protection Of Human Rights In China
- Trump raises tariffs on China and threatens Fed chairman; markets tumble
- China denounces Barack Obama's meeting with Dalai Lama
- Michael Gove's statement on OECD's global educational league tables: Politics live blog
- China rejects calls to free women's rights activists
- Hundreds of Hong Kong anti-government protesters march on the city's US consulate waving stars and stripes flags to thank American lawmakers for supporting pro-democracy demonstrations
- Two budget officials say they resigned after becoming frustrated over the hold on Ukraine military aid
- China, Pakistan to hold joint naval drills in Arabian Sea next year
- David Cameron to distance Britain from Dalai Lama during China visit
- Put it to the People march: a formidable sea of humanity and powerful strength of feeling
China's top political advisory body to hold annual session from March 4 to 10 have 468 words, post on www.chinadaily.com.cn at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.