There is a "steady increase" of coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) patients being treated at the Philippine General Hospital (PGH).
PGH spokesman Dr. Jonas del Rosario on Sunday told ABS-CBN News that the increase in Covid admissions prompted the hospital to suspend walk-in outpatient checkup.
"Elective surgical procedures have been suspended temporarily while outpatient consultation should be done via telemedicine prior to face-to-face consultation," del Rosario said.
He noted that the 105 Covid-19 admissions were the "highest in four months."
The hospital typically has 60 Covid patients at any given time, he added.
Del Rosario said with the uptick in Covid-19 cases, the PGH hopes to inoculate all of its 5,700 frontliners and support staff.
More than 1,700 health workers have had a CoronaVac shot since the vaccine was rolled out at the hospital last week.
St. Luke's Medical Center also confirmed an increase in Covid admissions, but denied social media posts claiming that its intensive care units (ICUs) were already full.
"Our Covid-19 ICU and wards still have not reached full capacity although we have noted an increase in the number of Covid-19 admissions these past several days," the hospital said in a statement.
It stressed that the numbers were at "manageable levels."
- Hospital overdose admissions up for heroin, down for pain medication in PennsylvaniaYou may also be interested in...
- DU colleges release second cut-off list, over 5,000 take admission
- Amarillo Zoo offers free admission for high-performing students throughout June
- PG admissions at Bengaluru University to go online from this year
- Jamb: 44.7 percent of admission spaces not taken -Minister
- Report shows slowing in hospital admission rates for overdosesYou may also be interested in...
- DU UG admissions: Maximum applicants from Delhi
- Grace Meng slams de Blasio’s plan to scrap admissions testing
- Admissions open for MANUU – ITI
- Proposal to increase MBBS seats to 150: Three-member PU panel to ckeck GMCH facilities for extra intake
- Imagine Nation giving free admission to Blue Star families through Labor Day
- Air pollution increases risk of hypertension in children
- Billy Caldwell fighting for life in hospital following increase in seizures
- BGMEA: Do not increase tax rate for RMG sector
- TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK FORECAST SYNOPSIS…ISSUED JUN. 19, 2018…9:25 P.M. EDT
- APC convention: 19 aspirants disqualified
- Britain's defence spending 'must increase by 50%'
- EDITORIAL: Government must show vision and spending control for tax increase
- Toxic algae blooms increase in New York
- SC directs medical college to pay Rs 20 lakh fine to 19 students for denying admission
Covid-19 admissions in PGH increase have 394 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at March 8, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.