BAGHDAD, March 4 (Xinhua) — The Iraqi Ministry of Health reported on Thursday 5,043 new COVID-19 cases, raising the total nationwide infections to 713,994.
The new cases included 1,729 in the Iraqi capital Baghdad, 972 in Basra, 465 in Najaf, 275 in Qadisiyah, and 269 in Karbala, while the remaining cases were detected in other provinces, the ministry said in a statement.
It also reported 24 new deaths, raising the death toll to 13,507, while the total recoveries in Iraq climbed by 3,396 to 650,015.
A total of 7,008,505 tests have been carried out across the country since the outbreak of the disease, with 45,235 done during the day.
Sayf al-Badr, spokesman of the health ministry, said in a press release that, as the infections surpassed 5,000 a day during the last two days, the ministry may recommend strict preventive measures to the Iraqi Higher Committee for Health and National Safety led by Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi.
On Tuesday, Iraq received a shipment of COVID-19 vaccines donated by the Chinese government to help combat the pandemic. Enditem
- Vietnam reports two new COVID-19 cases on August 27
- Mainland China reports eight new COVID-19 cases vs 10 a day earlier
- Mainland China reports 11 new COVID-19 cases vs eight a day earlier
- Mainland China reports 25 new COVID-19 cases vs 11 a day earlier
- Palestine reports 417 new COVID-19 cases, 28,527 in total
- Singapore reports 48 new COVID-19 cases, 56,908 in total
- Tunisia reports 117 new COVID-19 cases, 3,323 in total
- Mongolia reports two new COVID-19 cases, one recovery
- Kuwait reports 674 new COVID-19 cases, 82,945 in total
- Kuwait reports 633 new COVID-19 cases, 83,578 in total
- Kuwait reports 646 new COVID-19 cases, 84,224 in total
- Israel reports 555 new COVID-19 cases, 114,020 in total
- Libya reports 543 new COVID-19 cases, 13,966 in total
- Kuwait reports 702 new COVID-19 cases, 85,811 in total
- Kuwait reports 667 new COVID-19 cases, 86,478 in total
- Belarus reports 179 new COVID-19 cases, total reaches 72,141
- Kuwait reports 619 new COVID-19 cases, 89,582 in total
- Libya reports 655 new COVID-19 cases
- Singapore reports 94 new COVID-19 cases
- Singapore reports 54 new COVID-19 cases
Iraq reports 5,043 new COVID-19 cases, 713,994 in total have 294 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.