JERUSALEM, March 5 (Xinhua) — Israel’s Ministry of Health reported 3,779 new COVID-19 cases on Friday, raising the total tally in the country to 796,465.
The death toll from the COVID-19 in Israel reached 5,834 after 13 new fatalities were added, while the number of patients in serious condition decreased from 699 to 690, out of 1,091 hospitalized patients.
The total recoveries in Israel rose to 750,661, with 4,930 newly recovered cases, while the number of active cases decreased to 39,970.
The number of people vaccinated against COVID-19 in Israel have surpassed 4.9 million, or 52.7 percent of its total population, since the vaccination campaign began on Dec. 20, 2020.
The country’s COVID-19 reproduction number, also known as the R number, rose to 1.01, surpassing 1 for the first time since Jan. 20.
The R number is an indicator used to determine how fast the COVID-19 is spreading, as an R number greater than 1 means that the number of patients increases at an exponential rate and multiplies from time to time.
Earlier in the day, the Israel Defense Forces said the number of active COVID-19 patients among its soldiers dropped to 411, the lowest figure in the Israeli army since Dec. 22, 2020. Enditem
- Middle Israel: The morning after election '19
- Number of 2019 measles cases surpasses total for 2018
- Omani FM Hails Israel Ties as ‘New Era for the Future’
- Lowell police internal affairs report turned over in criminal case
- New Hampshire cold case unit solves 5 decade old murder
- Trump Campaign Celebrates Mueller Report With New 'Witch Hunt' Merchandise
- Rep. Ilhan Omar spars with fellow Democrats over Israel comments, faces new calls to be removed from committee
- Here's The Pro-Israel Lobby's New Plan To Preserve Its Political Influence
- New Oregon measles cases confirmed
- Special report: The new global race to space
- Myanmar reporters among '10 most urgent' cases of press freedom...
- Jussie Smollett lawyers up as critical new evidence breaks case wide open
- Supreme Court won't take New Jersey church case
- The Latest: New Chicago gangs case highlight social media
- Reports: No New Indictments From Mueller: “It’s Over”
- 'The New Childhood' makes case that video games, social media are good for kids
- Business at a glance: Data on income, I-40 updates, mayors reports and new hotel proposal
- Wanted Sex Offender Arrested in New Sex Assault Case
- Man seeks new trial in case of child's death
- Two homicides reported on New Year's Eve in Milwaukee
Israel reports 3,779 new COVID-19 cases, 796,465 in total have 373 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at March 6, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.