Bimby and mom Kris Aquino. Image: Instagram/@krisaquino
Kris Aquino defended her children after they became targets of damaging comments online over the past week.
"I am not blind, and I am not stupid… in a span of a week my children have been used to trigger me," the host-actress stated in an Instagram post today, March 7.
View this post on Instagram
"Kuya Josh with zero factual basis was said to have impregnated a girl. Bimb has been repeatedly targeted with bullying because people are insisting he is gay," she said.
"Regarding Kuya Josh, name us and show us the girl. About Bimb, he is 13 years old, [I] know my son doesn't identify as being gay BUT in the event he ever does, he will still be my son."
"The bullying you are doing is a reflection of your homophobic attitudes that are no longer welcome in 2021," she declared.
Bimby was subjected to comments about his sexual orientation after he appeared in a video having dinner with his mom and fashion designer Michael Leyva last March 4. At one point, Aquino tells him off for covering his mouth with his hands while he laughed, telling him, "Wag kang ganyan (Don't be like that)."
While people observed that he had adopted his mom's own mannerisms — given that she has been raising him on her own — others jumped to conclusions about his sexuality based on the video, with some even making disparaging remarks.
There are also social media users who have come to Bimby's defense, like one @Hansolodc who shared a clip from the video and said, "Just a daily reminder that people's voice pitch or physical movement doesn't represent their sexual or gender identity."
Just a daily reminder that people’s voice pitch or physical movement doesn’t represent their sexual or gender identity. Believe me, gaydar ain’t a real thing, just ask politely and respect their answer. https://t.co/FdgUXq3DfS
— HanSolo (@Hansolodc) March 6, 2021
Aquino, now on fight mode, appeared to hint at joining politics if attacks made against her sons continued.
"What is very clear to me is that some people cannot stand the fact that despite all their efforts to bury me, [I] am still standing. And they must be cringing that at a time when our country is hungry and struggling, as a private citizen, [I] am doing my part with my [hard-earned] money, to share with those in need," she said.
"You picked the wrong children to harass and bully because this mother knows your motives… what does a lioness do when her cubs are threatened? She attacks."
"Leave my children alone and [I] will remain a private citizen," she said. "Continue messing with them then you are pushing me in the direction you are so obviously afraid [I] will take. That yellow brick road is starting to look very inviting now. "
Fighting homophobia is nothing new to Bimby — at just 10 years old, he appeared in one of Aquino's vlogs in 2017, stating, "People think like I'm a homosexual."
When his mom said, "Don't be homophobic, right?" Bimby agreed and stated, "Why would you judge a child?"
Bimby is Aquino's son with PBA player James Yap, while Josh, 25, is her child with actor Phillip Salvador. JB
- Kris Jenner protected family by hiding Kanye West's controversial views on KUWTK
- Kris Jenner 'truly loves' Kanye and 'still has his back' despite Twitter rant
- Kate Garraway admits it has been 'an incredibly tough time' for her children Darcey, 14, and Billy, 11, as her husband Derek Draper remains hospitalised
- Gavin Williamson promises to get ALL pupils back in the classroom next term - as poll shows most parents say their children will be safe
- PETER HITCHENS: Should the woman who said the IRA had a right to kill children really be a Baroness?
- Polish LGBT people leaving as post-vote mood grows hostile
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West 'are trying to save their relationship with a family getaway... after series of public meltdowns leaves marriage on brink'
- New Afrobeat sensation, ‘Kris-Zaga’ set to rule airwaves, with give-back offers
- Saudi ruler sent 'Tiger Squad' of 50 hitmen to Canada to assassinate rival prince's top spy two weeks after Khashoggi murder and kidnapped his children - but contract killers were caught at border with 'bags of forensic tools', lawsuit says
- Going, going... GONE! House worth £195,000 that was teetering on the edge of a cliff after a landslide completely collapses leaving shell-shocked mother-of-five owner with the 'clothes on our backs'
- French warn Royal Navy to stay out of their waters while Boris Johnson calls for new powers to kick out illegal migrants - as RAF spotter plane patrols the Channel with scores more people landing TODAY
- The children's author CANCELLED by her publisher after backing J.K. Rowling: GILLIAN PHILIP tells how she was left to fear for her young readers in a world where daring to speak your mind can spell disaster
- Who are Princess Anne's children and grandchildren? From Peter Phillips to Lena Tindall
- Another top general slams Donald Trump: Former chairman of the joint chiefs Martin Dempsey calls threat of using military force 'dangerous' as Colin Powell moves to intervene too
- France demands another £30million to stop migrants leaving its shores as 565 cross Channel in four days
- Syria's Arab Tribes Give Pro-American Forces and SDF One Month to Leave Eastern Syria
- 'I am so proud to be his daughter and I will miss him always': Shari Redstone pays tribute to her father Sumner after he passed away aged 97, leaving behind $3bn fortune and 'an incredible family legacy'
- The divorce that's divided America: It's the subject of a gripping new Netflix drama - the wealthy divorcee who shot her ex-husband dead rather than lose her children... so whose side are YOU on?
- Chill out bro! Panic-buying mayhem and traffic chaos sweeps New Zealand after PM Jacinda Ardern announced tough lockdown over just FOUR virus cases - as mayor calls for calm
- Police and army entering your home without a warrant, 8pm curfew and up to 400,000 jobs lost: Melbourne's lockdown is labelled the worst EVER breach of Aussie freedoms as calls grow for it to be scrapped
Kris Aquino calls out homophobia directed at Bimby: ‘Leave my children alone’ have 1086 words, post on entertainment.inquirer.net at March 7, 2021. This is cached page on Asean News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.